Anyone make any Hanukkah projects like an 8 day advent type calendar?

I’d like to make something simple for the grandkids with 8 places to put treats (or gift cards LOL).
It would need 8 drawers or compartments or pockets. I’ve searched the internet and Etsy but haven’t found anything that can be adapted for this purpose.

2 Likes

There is this 8 days calender in the catalog. I think if you make a Menorah with a tab, you can easily make a slot to fit in the top, to make it themed.

4 Likes

This is perfect thank you! I need to make 4 of them and maybe something for the new baby!

3 Likes

I think a glowforge dradel puzzle, where you put together pieces and make a dradel!

I made this project but there is no piece for the veneer piece that has the days on it. You actually have to destroy the box to get the items out of it. I was hoping for a solution that could be reused. I have the box with the openings made but no piece is included in the design for the front that h as the numbers on it.

1 Like

Really? I never made it before. I just knew it was in the catalog. I’ll take a look at the file, I wonder if there is a way to make drawers or possibly little doors with hinges.

I just took a look and you should have a separate file with the veneer. It shows up in my dashboard.

If you are missing the one that says Veneer, contact support and they can load it into your dashboard.

2 Likes

Thanks I sent an email.

I kept refreshing the design thinking that it just got deleted or something but everytime I get it it is missing the veneer file.

I contacted support once over a missing section from a file for the catalog. They had me rename the current files I had for it, and then they reloaded the files with the correct names into my dashboard. It’s a little annoying that you can’t get rid of the old ones, but I know that they will load it for you and they won’t be missing anymore.

4 Likes

To make it reusable, once you get the veneer file, you could cut/engrave it out of cardstock instead so that next year you could remove it and add a new piece. I think it is a cool idea, but such a waste of veneer!

2 Likes

Good idea! I’ve never had or used any type of advent calender, so that thought never even occured to me, I just figured they were all disposable.

1 Like

I agree, i hate to waste the veneer as it does destroy it the way it’s made. Great idea though.

1 Like

I agree. It’s kind of a waste for the whole item since there are no doors to make reusable

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.