Apple pencil case worthy of its contents

I made this fun apple pencil case out of PG maple ply, bamboo, draft board and acrylic. I used the various different materials to achieve a specific thickness; thick enough to accommodate the pencil, but thin enough to work with the micro-screws and nuts I had. I engraved the acrylic, and the underside of the lid to create a snug fit for a couple of small but strong magnets which snap the lid into place and hold it closed. It was a fun little project with a functional outcome.

79 Likes

Nice work.

1 Like

I LOVE it!! Smart.

1 Like

Pretty! :grinning:

1 Like

Oooooo, cool! Now I want one!

1 Like

This is soooo awesome!

This is truly… the best Apple Pencil case you have ever made.

5 Likes

Gives me an 80s sort of vibe. Maybe it’s the colors mixed with the logo, or the delorian style opening, but I like it!

2 Likes

Very cool!

Well done!

Where can I get the design from (Etsy…) ? Would love to make this for a friend

Brian

1 Like

Very cool design. Available for sale?

I would love to purchase one of these @garywoffinden

Fantastic!!!

1 Like

I love this! How did you learn to do that? I want to make one so badly. It has been nothing but an epic failure! I have tried to mimic this exact one. and have failed over and over!! What am I doing wrong? I am no good at building boxes. it has to be that concept. I want!

would love to buy one if you are ever selling one. I’ve lost 2 of the first version and now I have the second version and must NOT lose it.

This post is 4 years ago. The OP may or may not be active on here anymore.

Not since April 1.