AR-15 engraving jig

The source file left a lot to be desired. I have YET to have anyone hand me camera ready art.54%20PM

2 Likes

@mad_macs are the jig files available on grabcad?

I think I can get them up on Thingiverse

1 Like

I found one I think will work on thingiverse…but thanks man!

I just finish making my lower, was a lot of work but now I am ready to engrave it, great idea with make a jig to hold it. They charge way more when you order lowers engraved.

1 Like

I have access to one. Id love the file

can i get that file from you please. very creative work you have done!

just a friendly reminder that it’s against the rules to ask for files.

2 Likes

We do. You just have to ask you machine for it. It is tailored to your machine if you want to maintain precision. I blacked out my lid camera a long time ago because I was tired of maintaining it. I use a coordinate grids now and can perfectly print on a corkscrew anywhere in the bed while my screen is blacked out.

1 Like

wait, what?

2 Likes

Um yeah - I missed seeing this before. Huh? Can you elaborate?

Lol, its just when I am about to print a lot of marble. I power it up and let its do its calibration and then put masking tape over the lid camera and its strip just so I don’t have to clean it as much. When engraving marble slabs my GF basically becomes a dust chamber. Its not like I would be able to see anything out of the lid camera after a print anyways and so I just cover it up so its nice and clean when I power it on next.

But the machine has a gridable space. So you dont need the image from the lid camera if you are not trying to visually line it up as opposed to coordinates.

1 Like