Arcade Sign for my nephew

My nephew Camden is at the age where he is into his Nintendo. His parents couldn’t be prouder that their sons had taken up their passion for the classic “means we are old” games.

Whipped him up a sign for his room. Hope you enjoy.

45 Likes

Wow, that is super nice! It would be nice to see it from a slight angle so we could see the dimension.

5 Likes

Love it!

\⍩⃝/ \⍩⃝/ \⍩⃝/

5 Likes

Good suggestion. Added angled photo above.

3 Likes

Love the double layer outline. Very 8 bit look overall.

4 Likes

I really like that!

This is NOT criticism, it looks really great, but it gave me an idea - imagine the same thing done with the acrylic as an inlay into the wood, and instead of white on top, using frosted clear as the border for the letters. Then put color-changing LEDs behind it, into a box frame.

6 Likes

This is stellar!!

3 Likes

Looks great

3 Likes

Love this! Thanks for adding the angle photo as well :smiley:

3 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

The colors are great. The outlines on the letters makes it.

3 Likes

Great job, I am sure they love it!

2 Likes

This is great. I like it!

3 Likes

Beautiful!!

2 Likes

Nice! The white outline layer is especially effective!

2 Likes

Neat! The raised outline effect makes it extra special. Is that two acrylics cut separately and then layered together, or one of those multilayer acrylics engraved partway through?

3 Likes

Two pieces or acrylic. Colored base with white acrylic outline on top.

1 Like

I think this might be a first (for me seeing it anyway!) of how you have raised the white outline to a second layer on the acrylic letters instead of insetting it. Very cool effect!

2 Likes

This is so great! It really shows what you can do with creativity. I feel like I could make one of these in an hour, but I wouldn’t have come up with it in 1000 years.

2 Likes

This is an awesome sign for your nephew. Love the outline layer.

1 Like