Are the Dimensions Listed in the Tech Spec L x W x H

Here you go.

14 Likes

Glowforge exterior (Pro and Basic): 38″ x 20.75″ x 8.25″ (965mm x 527mm x 210mm)

Air filter exterior: 38″ x 20.75″ x 7″ (965mm x 527mm x 178mm)

BTW - that’s the height with the lid closed - you’ll need clearance above it to open the thing

10 Likes

Thank you SO MUCH!!! YAY!

3 Likes

Remember that if you ever want to vent the GF using the enclosed 4" hose you will need another 4-6" or so behind the unit. Also not entirely sure how the air vents to the filter unit. I think it is via an attachment in the back which would also stick out. Not sure.

5 Likes

And if you are using the filter, you need clearance behind and to the right for airflow.

3 Likes

And also you need a bunch space in the front so you can walk up to it and put things in it. :wink:

5 Likes

And space above so you can open the lid…:grin:

2 Likes

Oh and maybe some floor space around the unit for the crowds that will stand, gawk and “oooh” and “ahhh” :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Don’t fill it with candy, it’ll block the laser and probably get melted.

2 Likes

Also Styrofoam is baaaad.

2 Likes

It is also unwise to mount a cup holder on the lid.

One of these cup holders might work :wink::

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/8974?gclid=Cj0KEQjwmri_BRCZpaHkuIH75_IBEiQAIG0rIQKZ7Mty2Fkt-WTDVAyoBDWsdNKb9YSpyQBunbcdO-QaAvu28P8HAQ

4 Likes

:hushed: touche’

1 Like

FYI, I’m pretty certain the dimensions listed for the air filter height are incorrect. Every picture and video of the filter shows it significantly slimmer than the GF unit, meaning it can’t possibly be a full 7 inches tall.

Perhaps I’ve just missed them, but I haven’t seen a recent image of the filter. Unless I’m greatly mistaken, and I may very well be, the images on their website are of early prototypes, not production units.

As @dan has said repeatedly, anything can change between now and the final product. I’m basing my prep on the full 7" height – if it’s a little shorter, great. I figure it’s easier to adjust for smaller than larger. YMMV. :wink:

3 Likes

Fair point. It’d be nice for final prep to get final specific dimensions (a CAD file would be excellent) of the Glowforge and air filter. I’m working with limited space so I’m custom building a workbench for the glowforge to replace my current bench, I’m worried about height with the lid open because the GF will be going on the bottom of the bench. I think I should be fine opening the lid less than full, otherwise I’ll have to sort out a new solution. Dan and Terrance did a lid measurement, then the thread got hijacked to talk about Terrance’s workbenches :confused:

1 Like

Did you need more than the measurement?
The slight deviation in subject occurred after the question had been answered. Conversation evolves in a public forum.
Terrance was gracious enough to elaborate on his setup, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciated it.

3 Likes

I need more measurements, so no, my question hadn’t been completely answered. I’m glad that my thread gave other people some insight into a single person’s setup, but that didn’t help me in any way. I’ve got my own setup to build, and I’d like to get it done before my laser is delivered. I don’t think GF is very accurate in their current specs, and if they are they should update photos to match.

3 Likes

You should pop back in on the thread and ask some pointed questions then. I had also thought that initial questions were resolved. 29", plus the yet unreleased height of the filter unit, which is speculated at 7" or slightly under.

3 Likes