Are you the next Glowforge HGTV Star?! (Contest from Averly at Glowforge)

This is amazingly planned out and so thoughtful and loving! Such a precious thing to do!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, we are Tony and Laura from Build It Creative Workshop! We recently made these trivets and have been loving them! They not only get the job done perfectly, but when we’re not using them, they actually look like decor… no more crappy cork trivets that we need to store!

We’ve also added them to our kitchen sets for Realtor’s House Warming gifts!

Our instagram handle is Build It Creative Workshop (@builditcw) • Instagram photos and videos

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing @laura.elizondo.620! We love a functional project that also looks great on the table. Welcome to the community forum!

2 Likes

I love that it’s the same holder that they can use for eating that fits into the cutter/opener - as opposed to having to move the cup. That’s lovely and clearly thoughtful engineering right there!

4 Likes

This is truly the epitome of a useful item. You are definitely getting the point of your Creative Engineering class and I am sure you made points with your MIL. Well done.

3 Likes

She’s already asked if I can come up with something that will open her root beer for her. LOL!

4 Likes

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! :cake:

1 Like

Neat! Is this just EVA foam with adhesive backing?

2 Likes

Yes it is!:slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t really make things that are 3 dimensional or useful in the sense that most of the items posted are. I mainly engrave or score and then paint things for decoration and this one is one that always reminds me that something good is around the corner and to look forward to it. It helps to keep me positive…

8 Likes

That is neat!!what kind of hardware did you use?

1 Like

It is brass, 1/4-20 bolts, washers, and knurled nuts. I get mine at the local hardware store, but they are also on amazon.

3 Likes

I SOOOOO need to make some things like this. For like every room in the house maybe. LOL :smiley:

1 Like

I made this…

Originally that hook part in the bottom left was for hanging in places where there was not a hook to hang it but slid under the pull ring the mechanical leverage advantage makes opening one of that type of opener very easy.

if the other end is smaller than the average jar it can make gathering the peanut butter or mayonnaise far easier as well (the odd curves at the top and bottom match the shape of the jar)

7 Likes

Love that you are so creative AND thoughtful! What a sweet thing for you to do for your mother in law. :heart:

2 Likes

I like them. What do you line the inside with? Aluminum tape?

1 Like

I cleaned the room my glowforge is in. Does that count? :rofl:

7 Likes

I am very impressed! I love the creative engineering-- keep it up!

2 Likes

I had been thinking that i didn’t have anything practical that i made in my house. Then i just realized i didn’t see it because i was using it.

Here is the fruit bowl i made because i needed one. It’s currently out of fruit, which is the only reason i remembered i made it. Now i need to go to the store to refill it.

14 Likes

Absolutely AMAZING projects this month, everyone! These clever solutions have inspired me to take a look around my home for new projects to try.

Now, for our winner! The votes were close, but @pubultrastar’s project comes out on top! You’ll get a direct message from me shortly with your gift certificate :slight_smile:

Thank you all for sharing!

8 Likes