Arrow of Light / Blue & Gold Banquet flickering lantern centerpieces

My son’s cubscout pack (978) is about to have the Arrow of Light ceremony and B&G Banquet, so I volunteered to make lantern centerpieces for the tables.

They each have a LED Tea Light in the bottom, with velum diffuser panels glued to the back of the laser cut panels. Laser cutting was only slightly more time consuming than assembly.

50 Likes

Very cool! These will blow everyone away!

5 Likes

They look great. I bet your son will be proudly showing them to his fellow scouts and telling everyone his Dad made them.

4 Likes

Well Done. You just made me flash on when the father of my grandchildren was a cub scout. I did a troop project, but I didn’t have a laser at my disposal.

7 Likes

He gets to claim (partial) credit for helping, as I put him to work peeling the masking tape from each piece after it came out of the laser cutter…16 lanterns each with 6 panels…he got to watch a lot of TV while peeling tape…

7 Likes

How cool is this! Great job!

4 Likes

Those look great! Get ready to get bombarded with requests for more things for them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They will certainly help make the event memorable. Fine job!

3 Likes

Beautifully done!

2 Likes

Your wife or S.O. must be thrilled you’re using the washing machine and dryer as an assembly line to put those prints together and stain 'em. While I haven’t had to try that specific location, take my advice and if there are any complaints just say “sorry. next time I’ll use the kitchen table”. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, I put down a piece of waxed paper first! (I didn’t actually stain them, just a lot of gluing).

2 Likes