Art and Found Day

This is a cool idea. On Art and Found Day (or really, any day you like), leave a piece of your art somewhere in your community to be found and kept.

We just missed it this year (it was last month) but I’ll try to remember it next year. #ArtandFoundDay

22 Likes

Every day is art and found day if you’re brave enough :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That would go perfectly with @cynd11 's Kindness Rocks from river rock tile

11 Likes

You have probably seen those little libraries in some communities. A friend of mine reports that there is a little art library like that in her community where people exchange things they have made.

8 Likes

Oh, that’s a really excellent idea too! Now all we need is a way to fabricate the library box.

6 Likes

I need to find someone with a very liberal definition of “art” LOL

10 Likes

Ooh! I put in to be notified for next year. I love the concept for the recipients, but also there are always things I want to make but have zero place/use for…

5 Likes

Thise small wine refrigerators (non-working) work great…and they are often offered free on Craig’s List.

4 Likes

You are the arbiter of that. You’re the artist, if you make it it’s art. Whether not somebody wants it is a different thing… But nobody can tell you that the things you make aren’t art.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I engrave good quotes on the back of old Cottonwood bark and leave them along trails, like on a bench. I think any day is an opportunity. It will brighten someone’s day. :wink:

8 Likes

More on the little art gallery/library:

Links to articles about it:

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize they were like little dollhouse art galleries — that’s so cute!

3 Likes

Today was the first time I actually saw photos of it.

I suspect that particular one will soon have some pop up cards or kirigami bookmarks or something.

6 Likes