Artwork is not being seen

This machine is so frustrating!!!
I put artwork in the glowforge to trace and it says no artwork!!
Also, I have been uploading svg’s and it still won’t see that I have artwork!
Is there something I’m doing wrong?
I see the images, but it won’t recognize it.

thanks

They need to fit within the bed. And then you need to assign settings to the job. If it’s Proofgrade, it will select cut/engrave automatically. If it isn’t Proofgrade, or it’s not reading the QR code, you’ll need to define a material height and then assign settings to the operation.

It will say no artwork if the artwork is out of bounds, or it has no settings applied.

5 Likes

Thank you for your quick response!
I will give it a try.

1 Like

I can see how it could be a confusing message because your artwork is right there. It’s basically a truncated, “no artwork to process” message.

2 Likes

It sure can be.
I’m trying also to figure out the pass thru. Any good tips on that one?

@Jules has a great write up in the tips section.
Here’s the link.

3 Likes

I have seen a weird bug now and again, where an action has to be set or the thickness verified before things are seen, but it could also be an overall location issue.

To be sure of location, setup a 12x20 work sheet in your design program and stay away from the fringes.
I tend to put things at the 6x10 center myself. Advantage there is if loading another design on top of one just burned, it will be where it belongs (still at 6x10 location) as long as nothing was moved in the machine.

3 Likes

Okay, I’m reading this differently than everyone else.

Seems to me you’re putting a drawing or something in the GFUI and want to trace it. If that’s the case, you’d want to hit “add artwork” and then pick “trace”.

The other answers applied to if you dragged & dropped an SVG file into the GFUI.

But if I’m wrong feel free to disregard :grin:

1 Like

I was assuming it was after the trace and after the upload — having the same symptoms in both instances, which is why I jumped where I did.

1 Like

Good call.
Apparently they have tried files and trace.
Hope it gets figured out

Actually, you helped me both ways. I didn’t know you could drag and drop an svg?? Good to know.
My problem was with the svg it was too big. So, it did work after I made it smaller. Still would love to know how to use the pass thru. I will figure it out though.

Thanks

There are some tutorials posted on how to use the pass-thru. I don’t have one, so I haven’t bookmarked them, but it shouldn’t be too hard to turn them up in a search. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the help in this thread, all! I’m glad to hear that helped. Are you still encountering trouble with your artwork being recognized in the Glowforge app?

I’ve also passed on your request for guidance about how to use the passthrough. In the meantime, this Forum post in the Glowforge Tips and Tricks section is a great place to get started.

1 Like

I did figure out why I wasn’t able to see my artwork. Thanks to all the replies!!

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!