Artwork on acrylic edge lit with LED’s

34 Likes

I like your edge lit designs. Is the first one a lama? The expression is really cute.

3 Likes

Yes, my daughters teacher has Llama’s all over the classroom so we added one more. I make mostly sports designs and logo like this for Super Fans

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
These are nicely done. Do you wire your own led strip or is it from someone like lumenedge?

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve been on for awhile but never posted anything.
I make everything myself. I buy the aluminum channel, cut it to fit for each project, wire the LED’s and mount everything together. I’ve been making dual colored stuff as well.

3 Likes

7 Likes

The two color stuff is awesome! Welcome to the forum, glad you posted and hope to see more of your work.

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate that. A lot of trial and error and wasted material trying to figure all that out. I love my Glowforge. I know most people have Etsy pages but I have my own website if you want to see others.

Thanks for the link to your page. Great work.

1 Like

Oh my I love that Llama! How do you create the 2 colors lit (just in general:-))?

To my grandchildren, I am not Grandpa, I am Llama.

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for sharing, the llama’s expression is hilarious :smiley: I’m blown away by the two colour one!

It’s taken a lot of practice and experimentation but it’s really 2 different pieces of acrylic. I decide what colors I want where and then I engrave the one piece with just the yellow components and the other piece with the blue components. Then when you put them together it looks like one picture. I just made a short TikTok video yesterday. It took a 5 hrs to make and the video is only 2 mins so I leave a lot out but it basically shows how I assemble the pieces together. If I can figure out how to attach the link I will.

2 Likes

Nice acrylics, glad to see you here.

Your website can be listed in your avatar, such that when people click on it they can see where to go.
Examine your Profile for the location of the website data. Makes it easy for people to see more of your work.

3 Likes

Wow, these are great pieces. I like everything that shines. :wink:
Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t know I could add my info to my profile like that.

1 Like

What a cool way to do edge lit! Thanks for the inspiration.

1 Like

Love the Lama!

1 Like

Awesome results!

1 Like