Astronaut Inlay (Progress Pics)

Looks brilliant. The finished piece is going to look amazing!

1 Like

Thank you. I’m pretty excited to unveil this in Houston.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, how gorgeous!!! Space science on a guitar… everything I need tbh :smiley:

1 Like

Preach it! I was so fortunate to be able to combine two things I absolutely love. Not only that, but I get to rub elbows with Astronauts and Mission Control personnel. I’m in heaven! Thanks for checking it out.

4 Likes

Ok Folks, The surprise party is over and I’m finally able to share the finished product on the astronaut inlay. This was a special commission for Apollo 7 astronaut Walt Cunningham’s 90th birthday celebration. Thank you to all of you who have waited patiently to see the final product.

21 Likes

Fantastic! I did not wait patiently, but I waited and it was worth it. What a beautiful guitar.

2 Likes

Looks like you had a good day. Your guitar is a beauty.

Guys like Walter Cunningham are becoming fewer and fewer. He never got to the moon, but her certainly helped blaze the path.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I understand on the impatient waiting. I wanted to share it so bad.

2 Likes

Yes, I had a blast. There were so many legends of aerospace at the party. I was in heaven! The stories are amazing. I just shut up and listen.

5 Likes

So amazing! What a fulfilling project! :raised_hands:t3: Bravo.

1 Like

I saw your write-up in June 2022 Woodworker’s Journal magazine! Very cool.

(I love seeing stuff from the forum show up in the wild, it makes me think I know someone famous. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I somehow missed this! So cool! Amazing work!!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m pretty proud of that project and the write up was a nice addition. Thanks for checking it out.

Thank you very much!

Wow, the finished project is amazing. Did you ever read Cernan’s “Moon Rider”? It became lyrics for a song.

1 Like

Thank you. This was a great opportunity for me personally and my business. I’m lucky enough to have struck up friendships with a few of these guys, (and gals) and it’s been so wonderful. I don’t know if the German piece, but I’m going to look it up for sure. I was honored to get to sing “Charlie Duke took country music to the moon” by the Burn Brothers Band WITH Charlie. Thanks for checking it out and letting me know about the Cernan piece.

4 Likes