Astronaut Inlay (Progress Pics)

This is an astronaut inlay that will be included on a guitar I was commissioned to make for a very special event. Unfortunately I can’t reveal any more information than that, but I CAN share the completed inlay. This is several different types of veneer and the gold is actual Kapton foil (un flown) just like NASA uses. There will be several more Apollo themed inlays for this guitar, so please stay tuned.

Made on a Glowforge plus by Oak Creek Guitars.

56 Likes

I can’t wait to see it.

9 Likes

Waiting impatiently for the final product. I know it will out of this world.

10 Likes

Thanks! I recently completed another Apollo themed guitar for the San Diego Air & Space Museum. There is a page dedicated to it on my website.

34 Likes

You do outstanding work. I love the Eagle and what I could see of Aquarius looks great too. I was a big fan of the entire Apollo series of missions. 30 some years ago I was privileged to spend two weeks on tour with Gene Cernan in Japan. I was never more in awe by being in someones presence (I don’t get star struck easily)

10 Likes

Also eagerly awaiting final pics!

7 Likes

This is awesome. Your work is so intricate!

7 Likes

Thank you! Cernan was a hoot. I’ve been fortunate enough to get to know several of the Apollo Astronauts and Mission Control staff. I’m pretty fortunate to get to merge two things I love, building guitars and space. Thanks for checking out my work. I’ll keep you posted.

8 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I think my eyebrows went completely over and around my head and created a mustache this is so cool!

9 Likes

This is so cool! I can’t wait to see the final product!!

3 Likes

Our resident astronaut @hansepe needs to see this!

6 Likes

Such an incredible project!

2 Likes

That was my first thought, too!

4 Likes

THIS. IS. MAJOR. I cannot wait!

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate it.

1 Like

The project is pretty fast paced, so updates will be soon.

1 Like

What a vivid image I got of that. Thank you for checking it out. I’ll post more pictures soon.

1 Like

Everything Apollo is just so amazing. Skinned gets this will no doubt cheerios it. Ad astra

3 Likes

Wow! Whoever the recipient is will surely be impressed! Good for you!

2 Likes