Attaching Acrylic Layers

Hello, People,
I need to attach a piece of engraved PG clear acrylic to a backing of PG black acrylic the same size. What’s the best way to do it that will look good and be pretty easy?
Thanks!

3 Likes

I am beating my head with that stuff, It vaporizes almost at boiling, wont suck up into the needle, and makes a mess if it spills. I have been storing it in the freezer to keep the vapor pressure down and that helps but it is far from pretty easy.

2 Likes

My cans last several years stored in my garage. I always push the metal top back in which helps. I haven’t had any issues with the needles unless the needles were clogged. I use a brush most of the time anyway and that works just as well as a needle.
It does evaporate quickly; it is supposed to.

1 Like

Good stuff. I also use Testers model cement, much higher viscosity so it stays where you put it, slightly longer working working time but really only good for small areas.

2 Likes

Or you could go the mechanical route and cut/drill a few holes and attach them with nuts and bolts. McMaster-Carr has an astonishing variety of them to choose from, including a variety of plastics. Like these glass-filled nylon screws.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.