Aura consistency

I’m finding myself increasingly frustrated at the the inconsistency of the Aura. I can have my settings perfect and it cuts through fine. The next project (I clean after every use, learned my lesson there) same wood same settings and it doesn’t even scratch the bottom.
What really gets me is when I do a test cut and then put in a large print with the settings that the test cut worked on and then it just not doing what it should.
Dunno what’s up with it.

1 Like

Are you using proofgrade material? If yes, this is 100% a discussion you should be having with Support.
If you’re using non-PG but specific to lasers stuff it might be worth laying out your details here, and maybe one of us can help figure out where the disconnect is.
If you’re using off the shelf stuff, that’s too be expected. The voids and glues frequently will completely destroy a piece even if everything looks the same from the top.

6 Likes

Thank you. That is probably the problem then. I can’t afford to use the PG stuff.

2 Likes

Are you using plywood? I’m not sure what the aura can cut, but if you’re using something like baltic birch-or plywood in general, there is a flashlight method of finding the voids so you can avoid them.

Just take a really bright flashlight, i think even my phone flashlight worked, and press it against the back of the board and move it around while looking at it from the front. The parts that won’t cut will light up like a spotlight.

There are a few threads in the forum that show pictures. I usually circle them in light pencil and place my work so that I’m not cutting into them.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.