Aura project: Faux Ceramic Tiles

Great job! I use Liquid Glass for doming cuts.

3 Likes

Is Liquid Glass a 2 part epoxy?

No, it’s a thick acrylic glaze.

Tri-Art Liquid Acrylic Glass Pouring Medium 250mL, 8.45 Fl Oz (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/58LRbMT

7 Likes

oooh thank you!!! I’m always looking for products like this because I’m allergic to epoxy. I use Crystalac, too.
I just wish I could find something that works in molds.

However, my hubby has a resin 3d printer now (kept in our shed lol far away from me because I’m super paranoid about it lol) and I guess I can start rethinking the things I like to use molds for and see how I can adapt those ideas and have him print them for me. lol

— Another thought after reading the description for the acrylic glass again - looks like I could use it in molds in layers maybe. Something to think about!

3 Likes

What are you allergic to in resin? There are several different kinds that aren’t epoxy that you may be able to use. I personally use Alumilite Clear (NOT Clear Cast), which is food safe, and a urethane resin, which is laserable.

3 Likes

Have you tried hot glue? Mod-Podge used to make a line of silicon molds specifically to be used for molding shapes in hot glue. Most hot glue is cloudy but I’ve got some that is crystal clear.

4 Likes

THIS IS SO GREAT :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

I avoid all epoxy. After having to use the strongest prescription steroid ointment the dr could prescribe for about 3 months just to clear up the reaction I had before, I was advised to avoid it all. That sucked. I won’t use anything that is a 2 part mixture - just not worth it.

5 Likes

I use them a lot. Got a bunch of pre dyed ones in tiny bottles for earrings and things.

5 Likes

You always make such beautiful things - so inspiring!

4 Likes