Auto Glockenspiel

This is awesome!
Now I really want to see if can make my own mini marble x machine :sweat_smile:

Huge huge win!! This is so great.

Amazing

This is absolutely amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing! I’ve been wanting to make something like that for a few years since I saw something similar for sale by an upscale European toy company.

I think the company was called Naef and it cost over 500$ I believe and I can’t find it on their site anymore. I’ll attach a picture just to show it, but yours is better! Can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

Most definitely wouldn’t ask for plans, but if you ever want to sell plans I bet you could make a nice walkthrough and plan set and quite a few people would be interested in purchasing it! Or you could cut out all the parts and sell kits for people to assemble, I’ve looked at a few castles or other models sold that way, and they are pretty $$$ so it might be worth your time!

Amazing work! Keep it up!

5 Likes

Absolutely amazing idea, love this so much. The time you spent shows in the details, really lovely work.

I agree… It can’t get better than this

I second this. If you ever decide to sell the plans, post a link please!

I think I would like to do that. Do you have any suggestions about where/how to go about selling plans?

1 Like

One of the easiest places to get set up to sell is Etsy. If you are planning to do a bunch of designs, you might want to check out IndieMade. Depending on how many items you end up selling, it will likely be cheaper and I’ve heard good things from people who set up shops there.

1 Like

Heck, I will just send you money via Paypal if you can email the files :slight_smile: My kids saw something similar to this at Lee Valley and loved it. I’d love to cut the parts myself.

I just fell in love with your Auto Glockenspiel! Amazing! Your design is just beyond words it is so clever. If I had to depend on myself to create this from scratch like you did about all I would be capable of doing would be to order the xylophone from Amazon. Like several others mentioned if you should decide to sell the plans, please post the link - I am in line already to purchase them! :heart:

1 Like

I will work on cleaning up the files and get back to you when they’re ready :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ll work on getting the files together for this and let you know when they’re ready.

if the website quirky.com is still alive you should go there.

it was a place where people would suggest ideas for products. it was hysterical.

10 minutes at that site you were convinced the entire educational system in America was an abject failure, and you’re a genius.

for example.

App to find your phone in your purse.

a robot carrying a fire extinguisher that was capable of going up and down stairs

a flying hoverboard, the guys sketch was hilarious. aside from the impossible power demand, the deafening sound from the 3 small fans lifting you off the ground would have made your head split if you didn’t get sucked into them somehow. :slight_smile:

there were pages and pages of things clearly demonstrating that the lack of science knowledge in the US simply is limitless. :frowning:

4 Likes

Sounds like the half bakery.

https://www.halfbakery.com/

2 Likes

OMG, that is just insane!.
thanks for the laughs!

This is wonderful news! I am so excited and look forward to your notice that the files are ready and where they will be available for purchase!! I am heading over to Amazon to order the needed xylophone so I will be already. Can’t wait!! Thank you!!!

Can’t wait for your next more polished and acomplished project!

Here is talent that was just waiting for the right tool :glowforge:.

2 Likes

Any news on this?

I know this is an older post, but I would also be interested in buying a set of these plans - does anyone know if the OP ever set up shop anywhere?