Autonomous SmartDesk

This is almost every desk at Glowforge. They’re great. But this looks cool!

5 Likes

I can’t seem to find just the underframe from ikea for less than $429. :confused:
Maybe they raised the price?

But I my searching I found this company. It’s definitely more pricey, but seems like a more valuable and sustainable option. You get what you pay for and all that i suppose… these are pretty sweet!
http://www.evodesk.com/

3 Likes

We recently got those very desks in my office and everyone loves them. The best deal that we found was at Wayfair.com, not sure if that’s still the case though.

1 Like

I’m a freelancer that is always switching jobs every 6-8 weeks. If I worked from home more often, I’d be all over getting one of these!

1 Like

Weight is not an issue. However, I will say that rigidity is. We’ve run a 3D printer on one of our Autonomous desks and the whole desk was rocking around as the printer head moved. Not to the point that I was worried about it tipping over, but to a point where I was concerned about the print quality. Lowering the desk all the way during prints solved this issue, but we have since moved the printer somewhere else.

3 Likes

Good to know! Thanks

An autonomous smart desk? Or one of the others mentioned?

Autonomous smart desk.

1 Like

Hmmm. Can’t find them on Wayfair… it seemed that they only sell direct from the autonomous site.

Perhaps they raised the price, or my memory could be off - I loved that they were awesomely better and cheaper than the Steelcase that we replaced. About a year ago, we made about 20 desks using the motorized legs, bolted to Ikea kitchen hardwood countertops, which are awesomely solid - much nicer than the standard desktops.

1 Like

Check out the Ikea Skarsta. Its manual crank but much much more stable than all the lower end motorized options. I will likely use one of these for glowforge.

4 Likes

I believe @dan has said that’s what they use in the office.

Those do look great.

1 Like

There is an Adjustable base in Amazons deals today if anyone is interested. About $60 off. Can’t attest to quality.

1 Like

I saw this on sale at my local Home Depot last week. I was tempted but didn’t buy it.

3 Likes

I bought the large size desk from Autonomous and so far it’s working out great with the GF on it! I don’t think I can post any pics though… :confused:

2 Likes

Post them in the Beta only forum, and ask Dan to let you know if any need removed or re-shot to allow it to move out here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup, that works! cc @RyanMilles

3 Likes

I visited a local business for a meeting earlier today. When I walked in, the receptionist/social media person was standing. When I left, she was sitting. I asked her about it and she was very excited to tell me how wonderful it was and showed me how it works. She said she had done a lot of research about which to get and settled on Autonomous SmartDesk. She adjusts the desk a few times a day. She is very happy with the desk. I’m not going to take another look at it.

1 Like

Yeah. I love it. :grin:

2 Likes