Avast ye! It’s a hat rack

What a wonderful work of art! It does a great job of holding hats too.

3 Likes

Wow! It’s almost a shame to cover up the design with a hat! Great job!

6 Likes

Love this - so whimsical!

3 Likes

Amazing and delightful!!!

4 Likes

Best practical herd name I ever ran across was for the hippo. Bloat.
I can imagine the dialogue when that name was established…

Your hat rack is awesome. Only thing I would recommend if you do another is flip the end arms and do the score on both sides (maybe even paint them as well).
I am like @raymondking32, in that I do paint things for awhile, but then it falls off the agenda. Art like yours proves that is a bad thing.
Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

The multiple of Octopus is 25.13274123+ what more could you want?

A water monster reaching out with all those fingers is plenty scary enough as for the rest I can only imagine the ships cook out with his biggest knife gathering steaks :yum:

btw I always thought of the Kraken as a Giant Squid and how I have usually seen it drawn that way where it is not just tentacles.

1 Like

Those would be ssooo Cool as glass paperweights or even 3d printed.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=glass+octopus+paperweight&tbm=isch

… if you’re into that kind of thing. :grin:

Nothing as nice looking as those would be.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’d considered engraving the reverses but this laundry room is so tiny I had to sit on the washer to get that closeup shot of the engraved panel :laughing: so no one will ever see the un-engraved sides in real life.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same at first and then realized where you planned to put it, :laughing:

1 Like

I believe Glowforge is made up for people like you. I did buy it to do such thing with it but suddenly start school and don’t get much time to play around with mine. Thanks for sharing this will encourage others to think about it.

3 Likes

What a lovely thing to say, thank you so much. Hope you get lots of time to play soon.

1 Like