Avast ye! It’s a hat rack

The laundry room needed a hat hook. And because there’s already one octopus shaped hook in there the only logical solution was this.

83 Likes

That is really really good! Beautiful color work and design!

5 Likes

It’s good you didn’t allow yourself to be swayed by whimsy and instead let logic be your only guide. :heart:

I’m torn between showing this to my kraken loving friends and absolutely not showing this to my kraken loving friends!

15 Likes

Your laundry room must be something to see! :grinning:

6 Likes

Thank you! It was a fun way to pass some stay-at-home-time :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This house is entirely dictated by logic. :laughing:

It will be by the time I’m done with it! The theme is henceforth Davy Jones’ Locker.

10 Likes

Darn you folks who color your materials! I recently purchased paints to do so, but haven’t done anything yet (they were in anticipation for Christmas gifts, I’m ready for this year to be over with :sweat_smile:). Looks great, the lined details really come through nicely as well as the shading!

4 Likes

Now that’s a hat!

2 Likes

Good point - do you paint and then cut, or cut and then paint (presumably with inks instead of thick paint…)?

Thanks very much! Can’t take credit for the artwork, though. Mashup of various things found on-line.

Engraved/cut first out of BB ply unmasked. Looked pretty blah, the other octopus hook is teal. Cheapie craft paints that I had on hand - thinned with water for the colorful bits, thick for the white so it could be drybrushed on without filling in the engrave lines.

4 Likes

Well of course, you can’t have just one.

Although one could argue that you’re now defying the natural order of things because octopi are solitary folk. Maybe something epic next where the original octopus arms actually stretch through the room to this so these are just extensions of the original? You’d want a Pro with pass-through for that though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The first octopus is on the other side of the door so they’re effectively in different territories?
I do have the Pro, mulling over a 66" long seascape shelf to go across the top of the washer and dryer next or maybe a mer-person or treasure chest outlet cover/shelf. :octopus:

3 Likes
9 Likes

This is so fun!

3 Likes

That is amazing. I love the colors.

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if it’s something about the seep?

Typically they don’t hang out together. That’s why there isn’t a word for a pack of them like you have a murder of crows or a school of fish. Octopi are just octopi.

2 Likes

Wow, that looks amazing and beautiful! I love that art style!

3 Likes

I wish I could give more than one like! Love this!

4 Likes

No, but you can take credit for not filling the lines with paint :wink:

6 Likes

You need to tell your haberdasher about that rack! Every haberdasher in town worth their chapeaus would want one of those! Speaking of haberdashers I need to call mine!

3 Likes