Awards for my office

i was asked to make some awards for our federal program. quick and dirty, had about a day and a half (amidst other work) to do them. thankfully i found a photo of something interesting online that i could mock it up based off of. made 10 of these (and probably have another 15-20 to do over the next few weeks for meetings in other offices). made of 1/4" walnut and basswood, finished with mahoney’s walnut oil. about 3.875" tall.

34 Likes

Very nice looking design and someone would be proud to display this!

5 Likes

I like the simplicity. It would look great engraved in glass green acrylic too.

9 Likes

one of the photos i used to show options was green glass sandwiched between walnut.

14 Likes

That looks really nice too!

4 Likes

Sorry but I’m confused the first 3 pics show’s what looks like the back, the last 1 show’s the back without engraving. Is there a pic of the front or am
I just missing something?

1 Like

i’m not sure what you mean? i can see the engraving on the first two pictures showing the front side. they say federal architecture awards on the left and 2022 on the right side of the basswood. the third picture is the back with no engraving.

1 Like

So you have basswood on the front and back. Is the front suppose to be a bar showing a level of accomplishment ? By the way they do look really good.

thanks.

no, the basswood that slides through the walnut is there to give a piece of contrast on the front and to create an “X” as a base so it will stand up. all the awards have the exact same size of both pieces. the basswood is slightly longer on the back than the front, but a total of 2" deep.

1 Like

They really know the right person to ask to do these things. Someone who has the design chops as well as the ability to take the project to completion. Nice job!

4 Likes

Nice work!

4 Likes

Clean, simple and beautiful.

4 Likes