Azul board

I cut the tiles out of 1/4" acrylic, so they only sit in about halfway. They’re very easy to remove.

3 Likes

Well done, this board looks very nice.

I don’t own this game, but I personally love this game. You’ll often see it on top 100 and top 50 board game charts.

2 Likes

right? Who knew I’d ever have to clarify things like “I love playing with my GF” (both work though lol)

3 Likes

As stated several times above - I have never heard of it but your interpretation is beautiful.

2 Likes

The wood is proofgrade - 1/8” maple and cherry.

The tiles are all cut from 1/4” acrylic. The black/white and white/blue tiles are from proofgrade acrylic, the other colors are from acrylic purchase through Inventibles

3 Likes

Thanks! I think I can take the rest from there. I’m going to see if I can make something similar.

Azul is on my wishlist, largely because it looks so pretty. Almost all of our games are co-op, though, because my daughter is both a sore loser and a bad sport when she wins. She knows better and is old enough to behave better, but it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of Azul either. Very pretty!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! We are looking forward to seeing your posts about things you make. Hope your GF arrives soon.

3 Likes

Here’s the box I’m making for the game. Almost done… just want to make a decorative lid

11 Likes

That is simply gorgeous.

1 Like

Hi there, I was inspired by this post and ideas from Thingiverse. To start with, I just made the board for the existing tiles from the original game. As I am no friend of engravings, I used scoring for all decorations. Cutting time for the top-board was 22 min. Simple birch plywood with a coat of paint.AZUL_for laser

One aspect I really liked about the original game was the weight of the stones: no light plastic but decent weight . So I bought some glass tiles and just tried to engrave the patterns in the back. These turned out really nice. I included a comparison, original and glass mosaik tiles.

13 Likes

Oh the glass is gorgeous! and even more like the actual stained glass the game is focusing on :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was really excited - but then equally scared, because this was the first time I cut / engraved something before checking its properties… So no Azul christmas presents. Any further tile-production is halted. So annoying because they turned out so great !

If they’re glass you should be just fine - lots of folks lasering glass and tile. If not, what are they?