B A N A N A annas

You can all blame @rpratt

Honestly this thing is a geometric tour de force! Hats off to the designer.

34 Likes

ha haā€¦that is so fitting!

2 Likes

I take full responsibility. Iā€™m glad to see the other banana there for scale. Sorry to cause you to use up a sheet of PG, but it looks great!

4 Likes

I donā€™t know, Iā€™d be inclined to call it a plantainā€¦ :laughing:

7 Likes

Waitā€¦I see two bananas. Which one do I use for scale? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do you have any grapes you could put up there? That would help.

10 Likes

I love Bananas! Especially Fig Bananas. Living in the Caribbean Iā€™ve found out about them. The oneā€™s (Bananas) I grew up on are gone due to a fungus, the Banana producers developed another strain that was resistant. But let me tell you Figs are the best, but the skin is too thin and fragile to ship, you almost have the eat them the day they get ripe.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/people-and-culture/food/the-plate/2016/08/the-miracle-of-bananas/

Weā€™ve lost so many crops to the needs of shipping and shelf life. Our bio-diversity is shrinking and some really good fruits and veggies with it.

Jumping off the soap box nowā€¦

4 Likes

IIRC, those are the ones that artificial banana flavor is based on, in case anyone wonders why itā€™s such a different taste.

3 Likes

Please donā€™t post any more links at me! Proofgrade is a rare commodity on these shores! :wink:

I had a peach tree where it was too cold to grow peaches and what I discovered with this tree was (on a day, by day basis), hard as a rock, hard as a rock, hard as a rock, proof there is a god and s/he/it loves peaches, overripe yuck. Then a winter got it and no more peaches.

3 Likes

Cool bananas! :smile:

1 Like

OK, I managed to contain myself when the first banana was posted, but if this is going to be a thing I may as well share itā€¦ made for my girlfriend last week. It aged pretty well for the first 48 hours - then she ate it. This is also officially the first ā€œprojectā€ Iā€™ve posted.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s such a sweet sentiment! Full points for you! :grinning:

1 Like

Great, now I can not unsee it as a plantain!

Iā€™m grapeful for the suggestion and am working on it!

3 Likes

Yes as @Jules said, all the points to you, that is super sweet. My wife said if I try to give her anything edible thatā€™s been lasered in anyway sheā€™s going to stop talking to me.

Just off to laser her a selection of fruits as we speak!

2 Likes

Thank God for the Banana for scale. :wink:

3 Likes

And these are ā€œFigā€ bananas for scaleā€¦

Also a song about Plantains by the Mighty Sparrowā€¦ (Slightly Bawdy)

2 Likes

Day 2.

I successfully infiltrated a local militia calling themselves ā€˜Banana Dawnā€™. My cover story is I belong to Ensete Ventricosum, they suspect nothing.

Theyā€™ve commented on my size, but I told them my mother was a plantain. I knew we should have used the agreed international scale instead of those blasted callipers.

7 Likes

You know Iā€™m actually not wild about bananas, but yours are too freaking funny to miss out on. :smile:

2 Likes