Baby Photo Engrave - HD Whiteboard

Alright, so I’ve been seeing a lot about this Home Depot Whiteboard stuff, and I figured I’d give it a try. It’s crazy inexpensive, and gets stellar results. So I converted a photo of my baby in Photoshop to this:

Then added a border and resized it in illustrator, to get this:

Pretty fun results, and I’ll definitely keep testing this wood out, but so far I really like it. As for settings, I just used the default Draftboard settings, switched to SD Engrave with vary power, and bumped the LPI to 340. I didn’t mask it, just cleaned it up afterwards with a baby wipe, but that’s only because with pictures it’s easier to do it that way. I’d definitely recommend masking it if you’re doing regular designs, unless you don’t mind the cleanup.

I have another piece I did, but the baby is sleeping on me right now, so I’ll have to get a pic of it in a little bit and add it to this. I think my favorite part about this whiteboard stuff is that the white really pops compared to the other plywoods. Oh, and because I didn’t know this, nor have I seen it mentioned, this is 1 sided ply with mdf as the base.

Here’s the other piece I did. I wanted to test its engraving properties, so far it looks like a winner.

20190505_155302

33 Likes

Very nice result, but then you have an excellent model. What a beautiful child. Love those new teeth showing in the smile.

1 Like

This photo is from when they were first coming in, but now they’re really showing! He’s got some top ones, too, and needless to say, he knows how to use them when he gets a finger in his mouth :grimacing:

1 Like

It is easy to get great results when you have a great model.

2 Likes

What a cutie! :smile:

1 Like

Would you mind sharing a link to the whiteboard from Home Depot? When I look it up online, the only thing that comes up is dry erase boards/marker boards. I would really like to give this a try and also the one that is backed with MDF

That’s the one.

Oh ok I guess I wasn’t expecting that, thanks!

This is the specific stuff I’m using: White Panel Board

Great engrave!

1 Like