Baby sleeping sack

So I had been planning to make my niece a sleeping sack and had most it’s engravings done. The plan was to finish it yesterday and give it to her today for thanksgiving.

Unfortunately I went with my MIL to get our covid boosters yesterday morning and that did me in (even though the first two were fine, but it’s all still worth it).

So I missed out on thanksgiving but woke up 2 hours ago and was able to finish the baby sleeping sack.

I even made a matching toy. I engraved the suede with the glowforge :smiling_face:

Now I am going to go back to sleep for another day or 2 (if only I had an adult size sleeping sack as fuzzy).

39 Likes

That is so adorable! Hope you feel better. My booster didn’t bother me at all.

5 Likes

That’s just beautiful :heart_eyes:
I had my booster on Tuesday, spent yesterday feeling like death :sob: absolutely worth it, but definitely not fun! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

5 Likes

Just to confirm something, a “baby sleeping sack” is a sack that you put over your head when you have a newborn at home but still want to try and get some sleep, right? (The matching toy to distract the infant is a nice touch…)

18 Likes

Love the engraving on this … it’s perfect!

3 Likes

THAT’S what I’ve been doing wrong! I’ve been putting them on the babies, not over my head. Will try the correct way tomorrow night.

3 Likes

lol so true!

Finally broke the fever this am and much better! Ugh, worth it but still…lol

3 Likes

So cute! It’s just a shame they grow out of them so quickly.

1 Like

My wife got hers (Moderna), first two she had some aches and pains, but this booster also did something else. Made her dizzy! (more so than usual :rofl:) ((no, she doesn’t read the forum)). She woke up the morning after and described it as when she was young(er) and had to much too drink. I had to help her get to the facilities in the morning and she just laid in bed for 4 hours. Even moving her head would send her spinning. Looked it up and sure enough it is a known side effect of COVID and the vaccines. Never heard it mentioned in all the news stories.

P.S. the sleep sack looks really cute too!

2 Likes

My MIL also had no issue the first two but she was in bad shape with the booster. Meanwhile, my husband did J&J for his first one (right when they rolled them out). He did the moderna booster and had no issues.

In the end, I look at it as “by body has learned new skills” lol.

I think I have a future in making baby sacks :slight_smile:

3 Likes