Backgammon Board

Those look really nice. It would totally change the game though. The frequency of doubles would drop significantly too.

With 14 sides, are there still only the numbers from 1-6?

True, it definitely slows down the gameplay a lot. Whether that’s good or bad depends on personal preference. Can also get half the effect by playing with 1 regular die and 1 14-sided.

Yeah, it’s numbered 1-6 with opposing sides summed to 7 like a regular 6-sided die. It’s made as if you took a cube and added a chamfer to each of the 8 corners large enough to create 8 triangular faces and reduce the original square faces to rhombuses. Maybe that’s hard to visualize… haha

2 Likes

Oooh! Dice! I am a dice fiend. Those are awesome. Are they 3d printed and painted? Or are they cast metal? (Or resin/metal)?

1 Like

Agreed, dice are awesome. These are 3D-printed in steel using a selective laser sintering process (basically a bed of steel powder spot welded by a laser layer by layer). I sent off my model to Shapeways to get it made. I have a few more die designs as well which you can checkout here.

2 Likes

Sizers I own:
d4, d5, d6,d8, d10,d12,d14,d20, d24, d30, d100

I hope to add a d120, and d48 fairly soon.
Random Trivia: After moving into this house, I found 4 d6 scattered about the backyard.

1 Like