Bag Hanger Tabs

Well done!! It looks professionally done. You should be proud.

7 Likes

Looks great.

7 Likes

Nice, it’t the small things…

I can hear people roll their eyes behind the keyboard whenever I say this, but I do most of my text layout in PowerPoint or Word. I am intimately familiar with them after almost four decades of use now, starting on the Mac in the mid 80’s before Windows even existed. Still a Mac user today - and have Office on it.

I lay out what I need, take a screenshot, paste into Inkscape. Sometimes I engrave a bitmap, sometimes I trace the bitmap to create a vector, depending on the need.

I’m actually locked in to an older version of MacOS because I own the last 32-bit version of Office, and don’t use it enough to justify paying for 365 so I can upgrade my OS.

15 Likes

That looks great!

6 Likes

The first one is a lot of work - the rest are a breeze! Future you will definitely be thanking Past you in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

#practical-cuts FTW!

10 Likes

Looks very professional!

7 Likes

Nice work! Makes a very nice presentation.

5 Likes

It’s really amazing how small things like this just look so much more professional. They look awesome.

6 Likes

Nice job on that! Now you have to show us the rack they will hang from.

6 Likes

This looks very professional!!

6 Likes

memory lane time. I was using the mac competitor, the MegaST. Only Mac and the ST could run Air Warrior, which I beta tested in the early 80’s.
I still have an ST with 2 meg of memory and will now have to make some time to dig it out and see if it will still run. It has been about 5 or 8 years since last unpacking and testing, Here is hoping…

3 Likes

I had one of the early Amiga 1000’s with the signatures and paw prints molded into the underside of the lid. Left that back in the UK, and it has been long disposed of. Wish I still had it…

3 Likes

Thank you everyone!! I will be sure to post a pic when I have them up on the board we’ll be using. My hubby hasn’t built it yet, as he’s busy putting the porch leaners together. :slight_smile: I’m doing the same hanging tags for all of my tiered tray and wagon sets. I ran out of cardstock and ordered 3 pkgs of 300/pk, and am now anxiously awaiting my Amazon order on Friday. We’ll see how long 900 sheets last, as I’m also using it to print out a pic of all the pieces that are in the tiered tray and wagon sets, as they’re also in the same type of bags and you can’t see all the pieces. I think it helps add to the presentation, so people can just look at the picture and see if they want the set. And I can only get two hanging tags per sheet, and one picture per sheet, so I’ll be going through it pretty rapidly I think, depending on how I do at the craft shows, which will determine how many sets of these things I make.

@eflyguy, I used to have Macbook Pros years ago. When they hit five years old, we noticed that the battery started expanding and the lid wouldn’t even shut right. So we took it in to Best Buy (love having Geek Squad) and the guy sent a coworker immediately to get a bucket and sand from the Lowe’s next door to put the battery in. He said it was ready to explode, and had we not brought it in it could have exploded in our house and started a house fire. I didn’t know if it was true or not, but I did know that there was a definite battery problem. And because our Macs were old and running slow, we just bought new computers anyway. Not sure when or why we ended up going with Windows computers. I think because we bought some Microsoft Surface tablets. They didn’t last long, but we still stuck with Windows. But last week we bought new iPad Airs for each of us, so now I’m getting used to Apple programs again, but mostly Pages and Numbers so far, as I use Word and Excel extensively. I have yet to put Glowforge into my Chrome on it to try to play with it more. I do use Word a lot for my crafting stuff. I still use the Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 version and load it on to all of our computers. I refuse to use Office 365.

Again, thank you everyone for your kind words. I really do appreciate you all!

5 Likes

I have replaced the battery in my 15"MBP once. That is the only hardware issue I have ever had. It was still working fine, but would not hold a charge like I was familiar with. Same with my iPhone XS Max, in fact - just last week. Owned it for almost 5 years and this is the only issue I’ve ever had.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Geek Squad never even mentioned about just replacing the battery. And I never thought to ask. One of those “shoulda-coulda-woulda” things. Will have to remember that with our new ones.

3 Likes

You probably don’t want another subscription but I use the Office subscription. It is $10 a month and you can install it on several computers. You can even share it with a few family members. To me it is a fair deal. I much prefer it over Apple Pages and Numbers. Office is too ingrained in my brain.

3 Likes

As I’m getting reacquainted with Pages and Numbers (more so Numbers, as I keep a LOT of info in spreadsheets), I am finding that there are several advantages to Numbers over Excel. But I like them both. Decisions, decisions…!!

1 Like

Hi Ellen,

This looks great is there a template design for it so that I can make them too?

1 Like

FYI, asking for files isn’t allowed on this forum - but you’re in luck, and they had already posted them in the Free Laser Designs section!

3 Likes

As @deirdrebeth said, I posted them in the Free Designs section. Be sure you mark the middle line in each tab to score and not cut. This allows for easy bending of the cardstock. :slight_smile:

3 Likes