Bamboo Cheese Boards

I was commissioned to engrave some Bamboo Cheese Boards, for a local real estate company. I thought they turned out great. Simple logo, easy engrave- around 5 minutes per board. These boards can be purchased on Amazon for anyone from $3-$5 each, depending on the quantity. They come in bags. I had to wipe them down after I engraved because there was a little bit of yellow residue. I used 1000/80/135 lines per cm.

https://www.amazon.com/BambooMN-Brand-Wholesale-Premium-Bamboo/dp/B018WPZA68/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=bamboo%2Bcheese%2Bboard%2Bsmall&qid=1553643827&s=gateway&sr=8-7&th=1

45 Likes

Awesome results! They should be quite pleased! :grinning:
(It needs to be relocated into the Beyond the Manual section though if you want to leave that settings information in it. Do want to edit that out or do you want me to shift it there for you?) :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s a lovely engrave. I’m glad you have found a profitable item to produce.

1 Like

Great looking engrave. Thanks for link.

1 Like

Thanks Jules! I think it might have already been moved.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Always looking for cheap cutting boards for quick projects.

2 Likes

Good link, thanks.

1 Like

They turned out beautifully!

1 Like

They look great! I see that they’re 0.4" thick, so you can use crumb tray. Am I correct? Also, what do you wipe them down with? Thanks!

I just wiped them down with a damp paper towel after engraving them. There is a little bit of a yellow gunk that comes up when wiping. It has been a while since I’ve engraved these, but I am pretty sure I had the crumb tray in when I did them.

This is amazing! Cutting boards are one of the reasons I purchased my GF. Just finished setting it up yesterday and already overwhelmed with where to start!

4 Likes

The best first place is the Your First Prints section of support.glowforge.com - there is a wealth of information there that will make clear both the :glowforge: terminology, and the basics of designing with Inkscape (if you’re using a different program there are tutorials in the Tips and Tricks section of this community).

Have fun :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I just posted a photo coaster I made.

1 Like