Bamboo meal tray or how Mark got his mojo back

I admit it, I’ve been in a real slump as of late.

As of today though, I am back.

As always my things are filling down the rough spots in life. I’ve been eating in the truck since the sickness came and for some reason, I just now thought of making a meal tray. No, it’s not just about too late, I’m going to stick to eating in the truck as it is much more relaxing than in the breakroom.

I cut this first in foamboard as I thought I was going to have to iterate it several times but no, I pegged it the first try. After the foam board, I went searching for the right thing to make it out of and found this piece of bamboo that I have had since the dawn of time. I just knew I was saving it for just the right project and I was!

53 Likes

Nice. Is the bottom hole a handle?

3 Likes

Good solution.

1 Like

I like the way your logo turned out.

3 Likes

Perfect for the drive in restaurant! and the car already has a drink holder built in!

3 Likes

These are great. I purchased one of those long ago. Really handy for writing my books and doing homework while my son was having soccer practice.
I think I need to put a logo on mine!

2 Likes

Hey!

7 Likes

Lookin good!

1 Like

Dude! You need to be selling those! (Hubs eats in the car all the time between sales calls…that would make it a lot neater.) :+1:

6 Likes

Yes, probably not necessary but I wanted it.

3 Likes

I was about to say no way due to materials cost but then I found some with a MDF core for just over $10 a sheet when purchased in packs of 6. so maybe I’ll do a feeler out at work and see.

6 Likes

I think this is a great thing you did! Glad ‘you’re back’ in the swing of things…it’s a good feeling.

4 Likes

Cool! It almost looks like a repurposed cutting board, but maybe yours is bigger. Wonder if you could get a deal on cutting boards and just add your special touches.

3 Likes

That’s great thinking! Often end product is much cheaper than retail pricing for materials.
It"s pretty big, so it is a long shot but worth a look.

3 Likes

I know a trucker who would love this. Great job!

2 Likes

Just so you know, the old one that I have fits differently on different steering wheels due to the thickness of the ring part and the arrangement and size of the “spokes”.

3 Likes

I figured this but I do appreciate the confirmation.

1 Like

Don’t know if I should congratulate you or drive to CO and cook dinner for you! If I had gotten my vax a month earlier, I would have vacationed in CO and looked you and the usual suspects up. This summer I hope.

6 Likes

Pretty clever. How thick is the bamboo?

2 Likes

nominally 1/4"

1 Like