Bamboo serving board

there’s a vendor on Etsy, 805 LaserSpot. Some people have referenced his work in other posts. There is one that I have been wanting to try and finally bit the bullet. I picked up some cheap bamboo cutting boards at Macy’s Back Stage quite awhile ago. A couple have since warped, so I flattened them with Jet 16/32 drum sander, which also got it under the 1/2” thickness. Wouldn’t be able to market this, but now I know I can probably use most bamboo boards if I want. I also added a logo for a place that will be opening in Wilcox, AZ. They are a brewery, but will also be selling some of the local wines. Came out a lot better than I expected.

40 Likes

THAT is awesome, it looks 3D!!!

Jonathan

5 Likes

Yeah that and a bottle of their wine/round of cheese would make a fantastic Christmas gift! :grinning:

5 Likes

Interestingly, they brew beer, have a notch dairy product sold thru Sprouts. But they are in the heart of wine country and hope to be a starting point for wine tours.

4 Likes

Mike’s files are exceptional! I am a bit surprised at how well this turned out on bamboo.

6 Likes

They are! Probably the best out there. I was also surprised by how well it turned out. The shadow on tHe right is a little darker than I’d like, but I think thats due to the bamboo. When sizing it down to under .5”, i was using a 100 grit. Since just wanted to putz around, I didn’t take it up to 220. I have some ikea boards I’m going to play with soon. They are in good shape so will have to remove the tray and build up the height. Should be interesting.

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeing his files ~ they are amazing. I am also surprised how well this came out on bamboo! (I made a post “breaking up with bamboo” :joy: It is not my favorite material.) Looks great!!

6 Likes

That turned out beautiful. Well done.

3 Likes

I love 805LaserSpot’s designs too. They all print beautifully…

5 Likes

Looks fabulous!

2 Likes

That is sick in the best way possible!

2 Likes

I buy his files. He gave me his catalog of photos of all his engraves…good guy! I’m made some decent money from these files

5 Likes

Fantastic, his designs are great and SOOO many to choose from! This looks brilliant!

5 Likes

Brewing beer in the heart of wine country jogged my memory – we know of a beer tavern in downtown Paso Robles, California (the heart of wine country) named “Quit Your Wining”.

6 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Nice! That will be interesting to see on other board to see how well the effect transfers. Curious to know how different tones in different woods will affect the outcome.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing I am going to go check them out.

2 Likes

This looks fabulous! <3

2 Likes

WOW. JUST WOW!!!

looks like you can reach out and grab the bottle.

2 Likes

I love this! I’m going to have to check out his files. I want to make one of these for my kitchen and for a cousin who is a national blue-ribbon wine maker.

2 Likes