Bar Glass Caddy

Leather! perfect material.
you whipped that right out!

9 Likes

Wow!

3 Likes

I think it will work better if the bottom isn’t cut through with the slots so that only the top opens and then it doesn’t slip up. Will try that.

10 Likes

Hot Toddies! Great for colds and you already have a glass sleeve or two! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Perhaps glue the backside of the joints… maybe with a strip of fabric just wide enough.
The more you connect and disconnect that joint, the softer the hold will be.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Cool! Like the image.
Engraving on an expandable surface…
That presents some possibilities :thinking:

3 Likes

Definitely doesn’t slide up now. Might instead do a slot every four lines. The cardboard is stiff so it doesn’t go round, so it wouldn’t work in wood like this.

Just thinking it through.

33 Likes

Very cool! Maybe for the wood one still make the bottom slots but only have the go 10 or 20% of the way up instead of half way.

6 Likes

I’d like your original design covered with leather, using that wet leather technique so the inner skeleton remains visible :grinning:

8 Likes

Would be cool, maybe with a thin wooden living hinge around the circumference at the top (or multiple stacked rings that flare out as they go up), with leather folder back down over it to give it a little grip.

9 Likes

Mindblown :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Nice preservation of the Jordan logo. Makes me think of my teen-age years.

4 Likes

Hmmm. How about this design in Hobby store “Fun Foam”. I believe we determined it was likely laserable. It would provide extra insulation and is available in many colors. Even glitter if you’re so inclined.

6 Likes

With the second to last pic…it looks like runes on the horizontals…somewhere in the future…scientists will be discussing this for translation…great job…BTW.

4 Likes

It looks to me like those are scraps from one of the etching tests from the hand-written recipes, but hard to tell. I really like the effect it has as decorative texture.

3 Likes

Nothing escapes your hawk eyes. No disrespect to the Glowforge team, but I used the plaque that I made thanking them for their work as one of my first projects. Since I posted photos and the video, I guess it served its purpose. It was the largest piece of scrap ProofGrade that I had at the moment and I didn’t want to cut into a new sheet as I will need it.

9 Likes

Sweet! I wonder if there’s a way to do a living hinge that limits the amount of expansion. Some kind of zigzag?

3 Likes

Make the bottom lines all the way to the edge and shorten them a little on the other end instead. Less stretch on the bottom…guessing…- Rich

4 Likes

Very cool!