Barrel Lid Help

Hi, New Basic owner here. Got a request for a Whiskey Barrel lid. As the cutting area is too small for a true whiskey barrel lid (21" diameter), has anyone found a solution or another option to get that whiskey barrel look but at a smaller size?

Interested to see how others have dealt with this issue, I can’t imagine I’m alone. I have attempted to find other topics on here of similar nature but haven’t found an answer nor have I found any “smaller” bourbon barrel lids.

1 Like

I haven’t, but the idea that occurs to me is to cut a design out of waste wood - then lay that onto your barrel lid and use a kitchen/propane torch to burn the design into the wood - kind of like you do with creating one for etching glass.

Another option would be putting a design onto a piece of veneer (you might even be able to get someone to cut a veneer out of the same material that the barrel is made out of so it will blend) and gluing that to the top of your barrel.

3 Likes

can you cut the lid to a smaller diameter?

and take the crumb tray out?

How about, cut with a table saw along a splice junction - engrave and then glue bad together and fill in with some old distressed stain?

jeremy

2 Likes