Basketweave Easter bunny

SVG doesn’t support DPI for vectors, the scaling is set by the ratio of coordinates/object sizes to the overall size of the document (actually the viewbox in the XML but that’s not a term used in Inkscape). Hence no DPI setting.

The default coordinate system and sizing parameters are mm. If you open a SVG file with a 20x12 inch workspace, you’ll find the viewbox is defined in mm to match.

width=“20in”
height=“12in”
viewBox=“0 0 508.00001 304.80001”

If you look at object placement and sizing, you’ll see it’s all in mm as well.

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks, @eflyguy ! I am very familiar with the viewbox in the SVG XML.

I still always converted my measurements to “px”. Just a developer habit I guess.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. I generally use mm as it’s what I grew up on and used in school, college, etc…

SVG was designed for dynamic scaling on web pages. Hence no “print-oriented” settings like DPI.

Yep, makes sense. That is the “scalable” part of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic)!

I made a mini (8.5") cuz that’s the spare material I had, and defocused the score (I set the material height for that one command to .5") and it’s adorable! I think I’m going to paint it bright colours and hide it in my friend’s garden :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This is the cutest bunny!!! I think it is precious and my kids truly enjoyed coloring their own for display. Thank you for sharing!!!

1 Like

Great share!

thank you so much for posting the pictures, I love how it turned out, Donna

1 Like

This is absolutely adorable!!!

1 Like

Defocusing the score was a great idea that really paid off. Very nice job. :blush:

3 Likes

Very cute, thank you!

Nice job, @deirdrebeth !!

4 Likes

Oooh! Make a bookmatched second piece and then a wide living hing and make a basket!

4 Likes