Bathroom signs

Sometimes you just need some new signs for the bathrooms. :slight_smile:

Thick cherry plywood proofgrade settings for a deep engrave. Plywood from home depot-- very delicate stuff that easily gets damaged, but a sign up high won’t be touched ever… and no budget for proofgrade

Left the mask/tape on the decoration parts for contrast. Haven’t sprayed it yet, but will use a clear coat spray to seal it a bit and get a better color from the wood.

All vector document created in inkscape. I even made 1/16" holes for nails to avoid splitting this crappy wood. The AME logo was online as a vector, but not optimized/ designed for laser cutting/ engraving so I had to modify it. Most vectors I find seem to be this way… look good and scale well, but ya gotta think like a laser and redo them.

Great work!

Oh, those are just lovely! Nice swirl work! :slightly_smiling_face:

Now that is quite good.

Wow, the engraving is so precise! Amazing what you can do, even with less-than-optimal materials.

Vector files are great because you can set things to draft mode (fastest) and still get awesome results.

Great design.
You say you have optimized the downloaded file for engraving. I read that a lot on this forum.
But what are you doing to optimize the file? Can you explain?

Nicely done!

exactly!

I love how deep and nice the engrave came out…even on a crappy piece of wood! :slight_smile: