Batman & Robin Inlay

That’s wonderful detail! Great marquetry.

4 Likes

Just WOW!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Amazing!! I am a Bat fan & a tad jealous! Well done. Looking forward to a peek at the finished work of art!

3 Likes

Just adding my voice to the choir of cheers for this fantastic work in progress. Sweet music in the making.

5 Likes

Very nice inlay work. The colors that you have chosen fit the characters perfectly, and your name and logo on your is a nice touch too. :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s almost time for a new logo on the GF sled. That one has been on there for 2 years now.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I’m quite happy with it. I can’t wait to see it on the instrument. I’ll share when it’s ready.

1 Like

Holy reminisces, Batperson!

3 Likes

That is terrific. The small pieces you cut to form the faces, especially the eyes are quite difficult to get right. It definitely looks like you are building the winner to me!

4 Likes

Great work!! Love the look of the veneer.

3 Likes

Wow, really great work. Makes me think of stained glass with the way you inlayed the woods together.

3 Likes

I cannot tell you how happy looking at this makes me! Years of watching Batman with my three big brothers and doing the fight sequences together. Took me years to realize it was not a drama. That inlay is pure childhood joy. Congrats! Btw, did you have to wrangle kerf allowances?

1 Like

I’m so happy to hear this. I love when my work can spark a memory or trigger sentimental feelings. It sounds like you had a great childhood. I will post the final product when it is complete.

I haven’t played with kerf settings. My inlays are such that I back fill them with powder before they are clear coated, so the gaps virtually disappear. There will come a time when I’ll need a 0 gap and then I’ll have to start down that road.

Thanks for checking this project out!

Josh

1 Like

There is a new post showing the finished piece. Titled Batman & Robin Inlay (Update)

-Josh

2 Likes

Let us see, let us see!

1 Like

I see that and I think BAM POW.

well done!

1 Like

@eflyguy for more opaque colors, we use Posca Pens. They come in all sorts of sizes and colors. They could wash off, though, if not finished with a top coat. Expensive, but worth it. I usually buy bundles on Amazon. Art stores are too pricey.

2 Likes

Turned out awesome! Great job.

1 Like