Been busy!

Between canning apple butter and dehydrating 100 garlic heads (any idea how many cloves that is?!!), I’ve been busy helping make stuff for our daughter’s business. But I’ve also made a few things for myself:

With room for my camera (and yes, I’m right beside my GF, but the camera allows me to sit down instead of standing over it, which allows me to multitask by rolling the garlic cloves to take the skins off, which I can do as I watch the camera).

I also made two of the Tissue Jr. boxes - one for the deck (after having to pick the box up off the ground when the wind kept blowing it off), and one for the sunroom, because my hubby was so pleased with the first one. I used ElsieH’s design for the first one, but because she was so generous to make a plain one as well, I made the second one using our farm logo.

I also made me a little color chart I can use for the two acrylic pen sets. I’ll make one for each type of wood I have just like the cutting templates.

Having so much fun!!

34 Likes

L :eyes:ng good!

2 Likes

I love that color chart, great idea! These all look great!

4 Likes

The acrylic paint pen color chart is a fantastic idea that I have never seen posted before! I first thought that it was a color card for photo editing, but this is likely much more useful :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Thank you @charid.designs, @rvogt, and @jamely. Think I’ll share the file in the free designs.

5 Likes

That is an awesome and generous idea!

4 Likes

Lovin’ your work! The colour chart is a genius idea :smiley:

3 Likes

That color chart is just absolute genius! Compare & contrast similar colors of different brands or paints. Use them all on the same substrate for a permanent reference.

3 Likes

@kelley1 - thank you! Not only does it show the different colors between brands, but also shows how they look on the wood. I notice that on my Poplar wood, some of the colors show the wood grain through it, while the Baltic Birch doesn’t. Any on my Whiteboard, some colors were so faint that I “pooled” the ink so I could see the colors better. And so many of the colors seem so similar that’s it’s hard to tell just by the caps, but on the woods you can definitely tell the difference.

3 Likes

I like your tissue box and love seeing a color chart in use!

I color chart everything. Watercolors, oil paints, acrylic paints, Copics, paint markers, distress ink, oxide ink, etc, etc. It’s fun to do and very helpful.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s been really nice seeing the colors on the different woods - let’s me help decide what wood I want to use for things.

3 Likes

I really like Apple Butter.

I make a blue ribbon winning pepper Jelly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I used to make applesauce as well, but we found we like using apple butter on our pork chops just as much (for us, you can’t have pork chops without applesauce - now apple butter!), and I only have to make one product! Plus I always added cinnamon to the applesauce anyway, so … :yum:

2 Likes

LOL! That’s what my wife is making right now for dinner :slight_smile:

She did make the applesauce as well though, no apple butter.

1 Like

So generous, definitely be making use, thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Im surprised how much I’ve been using them now that I have them. :slight_smile:

LOL, I always put cinnamon on my applesauce too.

4 Likes

Yum

1 Like