Before I muck this lovely new unit up with strange vaporized materials

That’s on my bucket list of old timey things to try out. I get lots of tallow but usually it gets roasted as attached to the bones for stock so it is not really good for soap. One of these days.

2 Likes

I really like this idea!

My wife grew up in Chickasha, Oklahoma. It was originally supposed to be Chickasaw (named after the Native American tribe that resides in the area, but as the story goes, the sign painter was drunk, spelled it Chickasha, which was in turn copied by the map makers, and so on. To make matters worse though, someone in their past thought the best mascot for the school would be the “fighting chicks.” Yea, cause everyone is scared of fuzzy yellow chicks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Who could be scared by such a fuzzy wittle OMG!

11 Likes

this is why i make all our own soaps / lotions / balms / etc., too. fortunately, most people / in-laws seem less creeped out than excited. with a few exceptions it’s all we do for christmas now.

we recently acquired a kiln so this year i think the soap baskets are going to include a custom soap tray :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh the fun of it all!!

1 Like

Cool. We have a small kiln we use for annealing glass beads and other small glass work. Probably could use it for ceramics. Just never thought of that - soap & a dish combos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like