Beginner messing with 3D Engraving

I guess time will tell but in my experience @Jules is extremely accurate in her statements. Even if you are mistaking enthusiasm for optimism I don’t think she is out of line. And pretty gracious, too–I’m sure she will accept your apology.

15 Likes

Once again this is why they only let me like something once. This would be it for the day if I was allowed to divvy them up as I pleased. {slow clap}

6 Likes

Here is to hoping you stay both optimistic and enthusiastic!

I was going to jump on that before but didn’t want to stir any flames on this thread.

7 Likes

Oh no…No flames, and no apologies are necessary. :relaxed:

But in the future I’m going to suggest that people who don’t want to hear my analysis, just go ahead and block my posts.

For those that are interested in seeing what the machines can currently do, I might post a couple more, because I did say that I would. But @dan’s right, these are going to be changing, and it’s a waste of my time to keep trying to show the doubters that there isn’t anything to worry about.

So if you want to keep fretting…have at it. I’m going to go learn to use this machine.
(It’s squeeeeeeee!) :smile:

18 Likes

I think that phrase just summed it up for me nicely.

1 Like

Ouch…

1 Like

I’m glad My memory isn’t failing me … yet. :no_mouth:
Here is the demo I was referring to. Go to 26:10 and watch to 28:33

1 Like

ha! youre right! I must have modified mine at the time I was checking that out. Thanks for the correction. Ill have to make some adjustments to some of my settings now =).

3 Likes

With that little piece of magic is seems to me that visual positioning got pretty accurate! :+1::sunglasses:

Edit - Too bad there isn’t a ‘Reset Defaults’ option… Hopper fodder @dan?

Again, whoever is the mother of that idea, Salute!

2 Likes

Very sorry if I have offended you. Nothing wrong with enthusiasm or optimism. As you might perceive I am a pessimist and I don’t have blind faith in anything in life.

I was only trying to get a straight answer to what state the pre-release software is at and was frustrated to get two answers diametrically opposite and an evasive one from Dan. Sorry if my summary of that felt harsh. It was just meant to be factual not a dig at you personally.

I am not convinced yet that GF will ever do all that was promised and look for evidence that it will.

You are obviously very happy with your machine and it is obvious your positive attitude is what got you it. I expect I will be the last to get mine!

9 Likes

Very good man, I applaud your effort to ensure you weren’t misinterpreted. :+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh there isnt really a way to change from defaults built into the UI. It takes a little effort :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t sweat it…I’ll cool down.

5 Likes

I’m glad you went back and checked! Thanks for correcting my correction!

2 Likes

Whoa girl… easy now… :wink: I know, Hyde felt it too! :grimacing:

The main problem with communication is the illusion it has occurred.

3 Likes

Almost gave up looking for it, I’m wrong often enough - a continuous source of joy for my Wife…:unamused:

4 Likes

From one beginner to another i just wanted to say thank you @Jules for the excellent write up and the equally excellent test engraves.
It is fantastic to see the possibilities us Newbies can explore with the rapidly evolving GF.
On the other hand it has been great to see what the experience of @takitus can bring to the table even with his gammy tube.

Keep up the good work and post your experiments, even failures give the rest of us huge insight.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Physically, yes, although the software’s changing fast and I don’t know how or if they could achieve the proper settings right now.

Nothing to announce yet.

6 Likes

I suspect I made a mistake in asking to release 3D engraving capabilities before the design team felt the feature was ready. It’s caused quite a bit of concern.

Yes.

I thought to myself… “Was that disabled?”

No, it’s not. :slight_smile: Nudge does change with zoom level.

14 Likes