"Beguiling Lili" - Created for the "Princess Power" Art Show (Feb 2019)

@nicky.cantoo I keep coming back to this becasue it’s so awesome. :slight_smile: I don’t want any trade secrets, but do you mind telling me it it’s all engraved and painted wood? Is there any acrylic or other material?

5 Likes

Look above in a post by the artist to Evansd2 where materials and methods are explained.

4 Likes

What a piece of art! so intricate and beautiful! Full of artistry and detail!

1 Like

This is stunning!

2 Likes

Also, where is this “Princess Power” art show?

2 Likes

Thanks so much, I somehow missed it.

2 Likes

This show was located at Guzu Gallery in Austin, Tx. The current show is called “Strange Beasts VI: Return of the King”. I’ll post my newest piece when the show is complete.

4 Likes

Is it a rotating set of shows or are these special miss the weekend of the show and you missed it?

2 Likes

Beautiful work!!

2 Likes

WOW!!! Incredible!

3 Likes

The shows usually last for about a month and always have a pop culture theme. A majority of the pieces are screen printed posters but a handful do original pieces. Glass was always my love … in the past.

14 Likes

Amazing pieces. I really love the Pacman.

4 Likes

You are obviously talented with a great sense of pop culture. I especially love the PacMan piece. Thank you for sharing your art.

5 Likes

Jinks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Pacman piece was my first move away from glass. It started off as 1’x12’ piece of lumber and was cut down to ~900 blocks. It is my favorite piece and hangs center in my living room!:grin:

5 Likes

A work of art.

2 Likes

Wow, amazing detail! I love your other projects too - especially the glasswork!

2 Likes