Belt hanger

So, I’ve made a fair number of custom belts for myself over the past few months playing with some designs. My closet was getting a bit disorganized with all of those hanging around so I wanted to make something I could organize them with. I’d already made a box to hold the buckles so now I wanted an easy way to store the belt straps. I made a simple hanger shape at the top of a box and inserted a matrix of slots that would hold belt straps up to 2" wide.

I used 1/4" frosted acrylic. I’m interested to see how it holds up to being used as a hanger for something like this. I didn’t put any sharp corners so hoping to avoid stress cracks, but only time will tell :slight_smile: here it is holding some of the belt straps.

40 Likes

Nice job :slight_smile:
I like the frosted look of the acrylic. Let us know how it all holds up to use and wear! Looks great

5 Likes

Excellent! I’ll be interested in seeing if it develops stress cracks as well! (Hoping not!) :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s a good idea and easy to do :slight_smile: thanks for sharing

4 Likes

Great idea and execution :grin:

3 Likes

very nice. Love the practicality of it. I have trouble thinking 1/4" wouldn’t hold up no problem. I would almost think you could go thinner if you wanted, especially with the woven polyester belts, you aren’t talking about any significant weight really. I suppose if you were in Texas hanging big leather belts with rodeo buckles you might have a problem :smile:

5 Likes

I LOVE stuff like this, cool and useful!!! nice job!

That would REALLY come in handy! I think acrylic may become my new favorite material to work with. Now to find a way to get it in mass quantities for the best price…

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @violettatalley. Cute pooch!

Thank you! He’s my little buddy… a black yorkie/poodle named VADER.

I haven’t had time to really look around, so now that I’m here a little more often, I figured I would participate a bit and maybe get some questions answered before my GF arrives in March. What a great bunch of witty, intelligent and wacky individuals… my kind of people! I am really looking forward to what the GF has to offer since I have never used a laser before, but I’m a hell of a designer (or so I hope to think I am).

6 Likes

Have to ask @Jules about that.

1 Like

Contrary to rumors - not all of us wear them! ROFL! :wink::sweat_smile:

(okay…granted…I know a bunch of guys who do…) Chuckle!

1 Like

Oh I’m in Texas too :slight_smile:, San Antonio area. That’s how I know about leather belts and big buckles.

1 Like

Yeah, I think you’re going to fit in here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes