Bespoke Coast Guard doorstop

Recently my buddy Mario made Chief in the Coast Guard; I decided to make him a doorstop to help keep his door open for people.
I cut the stop from the stump of my Christmas tree and sanded it to a 320 grit. I lased the Coast Guard racing stripe on each side using thick Maple plywood settings. The leather appliqués are cut and engraved using thick leather settings with three passes on a craft leather piece from Joanne’s.

40 Likes

That’s really cool! I hope he actually uses it rather than keep it up on a shelf so it doesn’t get scuffed :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats to your buddy on his promotion; wow, what a nice gift!

Don’t be a stranger around here, we’d love to see more of your work.

3 Likes

I presented it to him as he was the guest speaker at my retirement ceremony; I said specifically “this is not decorative, this is for operational deployment.”

11 Likes

That’s so cool. At first glance, before i read it, i thought it was a wedge of cheese-which works as well!

1 Like

What a great gift for him!

2 Likes

That is one fancy doorstop!

3 Likes

Great idea! Is that the first door stop on this forum?

2 Likes

Nice! Great way to congratulate your friend.

2 Likes

No, but it’s the classiest :slightly_smiling_face: @dan actually released his tab & slot doorstop file as a free design. But it was a simple utilitarian design.

2 Likes

I think it’s awesome, and looks like he agrees!

That engraving looks nice. Nice gift.

Glad to see the Irish Seagoing Salvation Army is alive and well.
Ashdon BMCM

1 Like

Hi Toby, that is a beautiful piece! My dad was in the Coast Guard. I would love to make this piece in honor of my father. Can I buy the SVG off of you?

Thank you for your help. Tricia Endsley

Welcome to the forum @zoeysga - FYI, it’s against forum rules to ask for files. If the person wanted to share they’d post in Free Laser Designs or have a store linked.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Tricia Endsley

1 Like