Beta beta_project: First impression

That turned out really well. That embossing looks crisp.

Agreed it looks Diresta cool!

some days I think this forum is going to make my head literally explode with too many ideas! I wonder if my insurance will cover that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Another way to utilize your pizza press.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24pcs-6packages-Blank-Square-Glass-Coaster-Coffee-Cup-Mat-Sublimation-Press-/201605576490?hash=item2ef0a0f72a:g:Bl8AAOxyrUZRy-4B

2 Likes

From the image of etch, it looks like edges are a bit jagged.

Does anyone know if there is a setting for smoother edges, like how 3D Printers create a first layer, with an outline and then a fill? Like this example:

Just a note, that one was a low resolution test piece to show the designer.

6 Likes

Aside from that being a low-res example, as @jkopel said,… yes you can create a vector line around an area of engraving (just exactly like the outline on a 3D printed object) and completely eliminate that rough edges effect.

Does that answer the question? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Have you read through this topic? It’s very comprehensive about this issue when it comes to engraving rather than vectors. It isn’t settled in the topic, but having read through everything else, resolution is going to astound us. There is a topic that treats vector outlining also, not sure if it is a main topic or part of a bigger discussion. Will look for it and then update this.

This one addresses resolution in several ways. At the moment I am working on a drawing that would use this technique specifically. Vectored outline but engraved deep between the outlines. It calls for some very fine engraving and vectors. So I’d like to see some more examples of this and how it works with the software. Someday.

5 Likes

thanks for the link. I have skimmed through that post, but probably not as thorough as I could have.

2 Likes

Ok. Just posted another link. I’m pretty sure there are some photos of this done on a Glowforge. Will keep hunting.

4 Likes