Beta Project: 3D Depth Engrave Initial Tests

Wow wicked awesome! Thanks for the time and effort it took to take pictures and videos. It is so unbelievably helpful :yum:

6 Likes

Wow these are amazing!! The floral filigree one is my favorite. Like others have stated above, I think the slight ‘fuzziness’ actually produces a really cool effect- almost like an impressionistic rendering of the original image, but with lasers instead of oil paints :grinning:

6 Likes

Love this!! #4… ugh… dying here!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

You make me want my laser even more. Keep up the great work.
If you would not mind @RyanMilles , about how long did those take to engrave?

7 Likes

Need my Glowforge. Here. Now. :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

7 Likes

Are those background textures intentional? Part of the image?

4 Likes

Those are absolutely stunning!! Thank you so much for testing that out!

6 Likes

Oooohh…truly gorgeous. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Could you show us a picture of the file that was sent to the GF to do the engraving. I would like to be able to make my own. Also, can you tell us what search words you used to find the images that you used? :grin:

2 Likes

Good God, Those are gorgeous! I agree that the low res has it’s own charm, looks like it was done by hand.

2 Likes

Sir, I like your style!

3 Likes

Until I saw the pin, I was thinking kind of grainy. After seeing the pin amazing!!

3 Likes

Wowzer! Beta rules still apply regarding questions? Maybe 3D engravings are exceptions. Please??

2 Likes

Wow! I"m just floored! This is exactly what I’ve been hoping for with the 3d engraving! I can’t wait to experiment myself with it!

3 Likes

Very cool! I’d love to see what can be done in a higher resolution. Can’t wait for next year. Sometime. Maybe.

2 Likes

If @dan says it’s ok for me to answer questions (as best as I can), then I will. Same goes for posting the images I used. I just searched for the highest res image size 3d depth grayscale laser engrave image free.

Glad this makes you all so happy! :smile:

7 Likes

I put this image into google image search:

And I found this image:

Which came from here:

32 Likes

Me, too. I was like, “oh, ok.” And then the bobby pin for reference, “holy beep! That’s amazing!”

Someone is going to make amazing cameo necklaces.

4 Likes

Yea sorry, forgot about the nda for a second. Having Marion on the pre-production side spoils us a bit I think. Keep up the good work, and once the NDA is gone we’ll blast you with questions :stuck_out_tongue: just fair warning!

6 Likes

You can do an image search for “depthmaps” and you’ll get stuff that you can use fro 3D engravings, white is closest to viewer, black is furthest away.

Also DEM maps (Digital Elevation Maps) if you can find them in gray scale, are radar or LIDAR terrain maps, if you search NASA’s website you can find some of other planets… :nerd:

7 Likes