Beta Project 4_JM - Woodland Baby Mobile

Created a baby mobile with interlocking 1/4" wood branches and leather flowers. The ends of the branches were double engraved to create the cut look with a deeper etch for the character markings.

…did notice on these branches where the carriage has in the past etched the entire line, in this instance the carriage printed all of one branch end then jumped to the next, did all of that one and so on. It was interesting since I hadn’t seen that happen before but saved time on the print since the carriage didn’t have to move the entire length for each pass…

The hook was personalized and created in two pieces so that the mobile can be expanded as needed.

The four feathers (which Chad beautifully created the art for!) are each 6 inches of etching

…printed them separately as each feather took 21 minutes but all printed through to completion.

The final mobile is a collection of 21 pieces strung together to create one very custom Baby Mobile!

74 Likes

What a lucky baby! It’s charming!

8 Likes

Wow, Jan! That’s really delightful - the leather flowers are really the icing on the cake. Wonderful photography, too!

12 Likes

All your designs are gorgeous, excellent job :grinning:

8 Likes

Wow… that’s really creative and turned out super cute! :bulb:
Very nice project! I dig the feathers too :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Awwwwww, very cute. And we do appreciate photos of the process, thanks!

9 Likes

Adorable! :smiley:

(And thanks for the pics of the varied depth engraving! :relaxed: It’s a bit hard to see unless you hit it at just the right angle, but the closeup helps.)

Squee, squee! (Rare double squee!)

11 Likes

Awesome! We’re doing a forest theme for our nursery as well!

Are you going to use a motor with the mobile or have it free spinning?

8 Likes

Love this! A mobile is on my list of things to make when the Glowforges ship. (for the nephew)

8 Likes

Isn’t wonderful how art, skill and technology all come together to give power to us to make beautiful things for ourselves (and others). @dan and the rest of forum, it is like magic. Forge on…- Rich

8 Likes

Thanks Dan! The photography’s all Chad … he had to take 60 or so images before I gave brand approval. He’s pretty patient with me :wink:

9 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Glad you were able to see it in the image … in person it’s really cool :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s a pretty cute theme! The spinners I found didn’t really match the look I was going for so I went free spinning but I suppose they could pretty easily add one with the way the hook was made!

5 Likes

Very lucky baby. Beautiful :grin:

3 Likes

So neat to see the mobiles and the love it demonstrates.

BTW: The penny just dropped. @chadmart1076 and @martinell.jan are sharing a Glowforge, right? I am the only one who didn’t connect the dots?

11 Likes

Nope! :laughing:

6 Likes

We share lots of stuff, he’s my better half!! We’ve been married for 9 years :slight_smile:

24 Likes

That is so beautiful!

4 Likes

Love it! Amazing job! Thanks for sharing! Seriously cannot wait until the rest of us get our Glowforgies! I’m so inspired by everyone’s ideas and creativity! :+1:

5 Likes