Beta Project 5_JM - Kiddo Coasters

Awesome-sauce! :smiley:

2 Likes

Very nice!
Great share, including the results of the crayon rabbit hole.
Fearless experimenting! That’s the spirit!

1 Like

Glad someone had a great answer for you cause mine was not great :wink: I picked based on a 40% off coupon and the words dries crystal clear … not very scientific but on a side note I didn’t actually have to glue these they just clicked into place!

7 Likes

Those look great! I hope they offer colored acrylic in the Proofgrade line!

7 Likes

Maybe instead of melted crayon between the layers, it might look cool to just use an exacto knife and shave some pieces off the crayons into the space between before gluing? Well, gees…just now read that you didn’t need to use any glue at all to fasten the pieces together, so don’t know if my idea would work. Ah well…

3 Likes

After seeing these and also your gift tags Beta Project 1_JM - Gift Tags made of acrylic, I am very excited and inspired even more to work with some acrylic. I am just picturing some glorious engraved acrylic Christmas ornaments…perhaps some of them two layers with something gorgeous sandwiched in the middle. Thank you so much for making all these treats for us.

7 Likes

That would be really pretty! The acrylic pieces are so crystal clear and shiny with the engraving they sparkle. I’m certain they would make quite and addition to a tree filled with lights. Glad you are enjoying the pictures!

3 Likes

That’s what makes me go “squeeeeee!” Sorry @Jules

5 Likes

Perfectly all right with me…plenty of “squeee” to go around, and I’m hoping we see a serious squee uptick as the time grows near! :wink:

2 Likes

@Jules needs to start using Squeeeee!™

4 Likes

Now that’s cool…how’d you do that?

Nope…I want everyone to squeeeee at will! (Can’t ever have too much squeeee.)

3 Likes

Although I don’t believe you can trademark a dictionary word by its own. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Is squeee a word?
(maybe it is now…)

Actually, I was surprised to learn it is:smiley:

2 Likes

OK that’s funny, but the audio of it is a little lack luster!

2 Likes

the day @jules Glowforge arrives

11 Likes

Perfect! :grin:

Perhaps, but it still made me laugh out loud. :laughing:

Meanwhile, back on topic, the acrylic is striking! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Man, I’ll say…they need to take that up another 200 decibels or so. :smile:

Oh boy…sorry, I did it again. Directing the conversation back to fine art appreciation :wink:…I love the colored acrylic as well, and hope it is an example of poofgrade.

1 Like

Just type an ampersand followed by the word “trade” and a semicolon. There are a whole lot of pre-defined symbols like that:

3 Likes