Beta Project 6_JM - Leather Keychains

She’s in a state of inspiration.

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day ! :smiley:

2 Likes

You are moving like a house afire…so prolific! Love all of your projects.

1 Like

Oh man, I love the “I love you.”/“I know.” reference. I’m definitely going to have to use that on gifts!

I live in WA state too! (Vancouver). Where did you get your leather supplies? Leather is high on my list of “things-to-Glowforge.” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

YAY for WA! Local craft stores … I’m certain online would be more cost effective but I wasn’t very patient!

1 Like

This weekend at Smith Cove Cruise Terminal, Pier 91.

We’ll be there both Saturday and Sunday!

http://www.nwchocolate.com/

1 Like

Beauiful job… When I search or harpy I only find:
"a rapacious monster described as having a woman’s head and body and a bird’s wings and claws or depicted as a bird of prey with a woman’s face."
and I wouldn’t trust one of them to hold my keys :scream:
What coloring did you use/add? Looks very natural !

PS…“Squeeeeeeee”

6 Likes

It’s engraved on the iPad mini that she got me a few years ago for Christmas too. I love it!

5 Likes

HA!!! For certain we should stick with Harpy! The dye is ‘Saddle Tan’ that and black were the only colors I found locally - we have a few leather stores nearby I might try and online I’m sure you could get other colors.

2 Likes

Because I’m a board game geek, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw “Harpy”

I know there are some gamers on here…like @chadmart1076 , right? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am a board game geek, but I haven’t played that one… is it Sentinels of the Multiverse?

It is! If you haven’t tried it, it’s a great game! There’s a Android/iOS port of the game as well, which is also really well done. Highly recommend both :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so sorry! This got lost in translation. Of course it’s called a shackle!

In Dutch event-slang (my area of business) we sometimes call it a “Harpy” or “harpje” derived from the word ‘harp’ as in the instrument. As it looks like a Greek handheld harp!

12 Likes

Wait, what?

18 Likes

Caught that, didya? ROFL! :smile:

8 Likes

Sorry @dan, we’re not supposed to ask questions of the beta users. You should direct questions to… oh, wait, never mind. :wink:

10 Likes

Those are gorgeous!!! Love the quote…hee hee I’m a Star Wars geek too. :grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

Some of them take quite a lot of work. :wink:

Look for fonts licensed under the OFL, the open font license. You can use the font on any saleable project with a clear conscience!

From the OFL FAQ:

Question: 1.1 Can I use the fonts for a book or other print publication, to create logos or other graphics or even to manufacture objects based on their outlines?

Answer: Yes. You are very welcome to do so. Authors of fonts released under the OFL allow you to use their font software as such for any kind of design work. No additional license or permission is required, unlike with some other licenses. Some examples of these uses are: logos, posters, business cards, stationery, video titling, signage, t-shirts, personalised fabric, 3D-printed/laser-cut shapes, sculptures, rubber stamps, cookie cutters and lead type.

13 Likes

They are Bow Shackles

1 Like

Bow Shackles