Beta Project: "Buzz" Gun

Very nice job!! What about making a telescoping barrel? (I keep thinking of the saw blade"yo-yoing" out and then back :smiley: How kewl would that be - and slightly dangerous :thinking:) Can’t wait to see more creations from you !!

1 Like

Actually, the blade pattern is a good one, but rather than a ‘flashy pattern’, why not add some thing to add a touch of authenticity? Most saw blades have the maker’s logo on them along with some information about the blade. Perhaps something ‘vicky’:

SteamCutter - “Sharpe Enough to Cut Air”

Zepplin Blades - “Always light and quick”

IronClad Tools - “Tougher than a dreadnought”

If you want to get creative, design a logo image to go with it.

9 Likes

Wow. Incredible!

2 Likes

Nice upgrade!
Seriously, this is awesome

3 Likes

Dried blood? some rust…?

4 Likes

That’s your answer to everything! :wink::grimacing:

4 Likes

Awesome! Top job! I was looking to
It closely. Looking to it i was thingking it is a bit strange that there is a saw close to the hand. Because a gun is is used for shooting in the distance. It should be more natural if it could shoot blades. It’s just a tought it is still awesome!

3 Likes
11 Likes

Wow.
Mine is a ridiculous prop. That is terrifying. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I showed it at a convention last weekend. A few people pointed out that maybe the finger protection is inadequate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awe, who needs finger protection when you have such a cool gun :smile:

right? But look how excited he is![quote=“Kallisti, post:30, topic:2990”]
maybe the finger protection is inadequate :slight_smile:
[/quote]
I would think the steampunk aesthetic could call for a pair of leather shooting gloves sporting brass finger guards…

6 Likes

I would think the steampunk aesthetic could call for a pair of leather shooting gloves sporting brass finger guards…
[/quote]

That is the Steampunk way. Invent an over-engineered problem and invent an equally over-engineered solution! This may become a thing.

8 Likes

Wow! I liked the first rendition but the blade redesign really improves the look. Well done.

4 Likes

Who invited OSHA to the party? Do they even exist in The Steampunk world? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That reminds me of the Spinfusor in the online Game TRIBES. it was a weapon that fired an explosive disc.

I think he’d have better luck on a linear launch pattern that would make the blade spin. Hmm gonna have to get some springs.

3 Likes