Beta Project - Nintendo Switch Carrying Case

This guy uses magnetic snaps. On under each corner. They aren’t very strong but two is enough to keep is secure.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! The case turned out better than I expected, and is currently holding up well in its trip to Florida. And that’s why I haven’t posted much these past two days.

To answer a couple of questions…

I used .8mm waxed thread and two needles and a pair of Myers for the stitching process. I looked up a saddle stitch for another project and this is just a variation on that. Nobody taught it to me or showed me how to do it. I have no special technique for knotting the thread. That may prove bad in the future.

One piece of advice… give yourself LOTS of extra thread. I think for two of the four sections I stitched. I underestimated the thread and had some tight stitches towards the end of the section.

I will probably use magnets, but I want to find some really thin ones. All I have at the moment are about 3mm thick.

Let me know if I missed anything… I’m sure I did. If it pertains to the design or construction of the case I’ll try to answer soon.

8 Likes

Hyaaaaah Hahp Huhp Uwaaah Hoooyaaaah!

(translation: Wow that’s some amazing work! Love the small details like your name in Hyruleian.) :smiley:

6 Likes

Very well done!! Nice work Chad! :smile:

2 Likes

That is seriously awesome work! I’m going to have to resist the urge to go around making leather cases for everything in the house…

7 Likes

That’ll get expensive! Leather ain’t cheap!

1 Like

Well, I got some tiny magnets and attached them… but they are too tiny. They didn’t stick at all, so I took them out. Thankfully the leather of the lid seems to be forming well and isn’t sticking up as much.

I also added chipboard front and back so that the wood frame doesn’t make impressions on the leather.

3 Likes