Beta Project: Pivot Framing -- Trust in Kirk

Improving on the Inkscape skills, this was a project from over the weekend.

Using a small drill bit and centering two holes on the top and bottom, and a couple small nails, made this quirky little pivot frame (and possible a pot holder in it’s flattened dimension.

58 Likes

Neat. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something quite like that before!

9 Likes

Excellent design. Would be really great for awards or plaques. Option to display on desk or hang on wall. Brilliant.

9 Likes

InkSpace, Huh. I should try that software.

8 Likes

Cool idea, thanks for showing us!

6 Likes

Ooooh! Love it! Clever, clever, clever! :smiley:

5 Likes

I think that was a typo for Inkscape - I fixed it so others won’t be confused.

9 Likes

This is so neat… now I want to make some sort of spinner that turns in the breeze!

12 Likes

Yeah! If you had the same object with a different pose on each side, you could have a pseudo motion illusion. Very cool. - Rich

7 Likes

Nice Job!

3 Likes

Cool design. I love logging in to see a Beta project: title in the new section. It feel like Christmas with how many are there today. Keep them coming.

7 Likes

I guessed that, actually.:slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Great concept. Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing more from you!

4 Likes

Wind spinners cut like this but with many more interior cutouts will be cool with the Glowforge.

8 Likes

That’s so cool. I had never seen one of those before. Now you have me thinking of what I can make next. Hmmmm!!!

3 Likes

And resizing that idea brings up multiple uses! Place setting name tags, picture frames, Holiday decorations (larger) signs, cards (as in birthday,holiday,etc.) where it will mail flat and the recipient can display! Very nice job - so many varied beta projects, from art to functional !!!

6 Likes

I love the design. I have been thinking about a way to do some picture frames and this just sent my head in a whole new direction (I’ll probably lose it-my head-before much longer.

1 Like