Beta Project - X-Wing Templates

Those who are familiar with the miniatures game X-Wing know that there are some chipboard templates that come with the game. I have always wanted to replace those with cooler ones, so I started working on it today.

Here is the OG template.

Here is my first attempt:

And here is my best attempt yet (decided I didn’t like the red so much):

I also had an issue with my first set of numbers… but it led to an interesting discovery of just how thin we can make cuts!

(The one fell apart because I accidentally cut it twice.)

38 Likes

Yowsers! How’d you get the thin cutouts? Double cutlines? (Can’t believe they survived!)

6 Likes

Out local board game shop sells the acrylic versions of these and it’s definitely been on my project list. Great to see it come out of the Glowforge!

1 Like

i’m wondering if it was a stroke and a fill-outline … hard for me to judge the size, but I would guess each number is smaller than an inch square.

2 Likes

I’m going to guess it was either a stroke that was expanded with the expand command, or an outline stroke.

3 Likes

The font had a double stroke and I didn’t know it before I cut.

13 Likes

I find the lack of Star Wars in this thread disturbing.

11 Likes

That’s thin. Cookie cutter makers will rejoice.

5 Likes

Yes! X-wing is excellent. I will also be making acrylic range finders and tokens as soon as the glow forge arrives. Also planning a series of Death Star tile and other terrain pieces for displaying my sons (and my) collection on the shelf.

2 Likes

These are not the letters you are looking for.

8 Likes

These laser points…too accurate for Sand people. Only Imperial Glowforgers are so precise.

7 Likes