Better Back Scratcher V1.0

Made a prototype today of a back scratcher using some :proofgrade: walnut scraps. I’ve seen some back scratchers where you can heat up acrylic and bend the claws. Mine features an ergonomic, comfort-grip handle, reinforced precision shaft, and rounded claws. I didn’t bother to remove the masking on the smaller bits since this was a test piece, but turned out everything fit snug on the first attempt. Did I need a back scratcher? No, not really. Sometimes it’s just about seeing if you can figure it out.

56 Likes

This is amazing and hilarious! I’m surprised that you didn’t add some super complicated trigger-and-string mechanism to flex the fingers while scratching :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: Your description is just perfect too!

25 Likes

Sorry, but this was V1.0. Maybe a future version after all the enhancement requests come in.

25 Likes

I love it! Let us know when it shows up in the catalog :smiley:

20 Likes

Oh wow, this is nice!! :grin:

17 Likes

Overengineered (complimentary).

:slight_smile:

22 Likes

This is awesome! So darn creative!

12 Likes

Nice resourceful use of scrap! :sunglasses:

14 Likes

You should submit it. Its really nice.

12 Likes

Gee, thanks. Makes mine look simply boring. :sob: Just kidding. That does look spectacular! I just don’t have that kind of brain to figure out that kind of dynamic. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

This is great, scratch that, wonderful!
Makes you want scabies to experience this to the fullest.

12 Likes

Haha. The future of backs scratchers!! Amazing

12 Likes

Wow, just today I was wondering if there was a back scratcher for my cats–they would love this!

(I would make it for me, but as soon as they saw it, it would be theirs.)

10 Likes

Wonderful design. All the more awesome that it came from scraps.

10 Likes

My Ikea pasta spoon still works perfectly!

25 Likes

Finally! A backscratcher with style. The GF can do anything! Great work!

12 Likes

Wonderful! That handle design would work for lots of things. Next: golf club (maybe a putter?)

12 Likes

Nicely done! All it needs is a little silver spray paint and the robotic looking arm is complete!

8 Likes

Word.

5 Likes

LOVE IT! Ship it!

4 Likes